If you’re traveling with an infant, it’s critical to understand air france infant policy for their travelers. Even though; there are no age limits for babies, the Air France airline suggests parents avoid flying within a week of their baby’s delivery or if the offspring is sick. Newborns are especially vulnerable during this time and may be more sensitive to infections or other health troubles. When traveling with an infant, it’s substantial to understand the airline’s baggage policy. Air France has a clear and straightforward luggage, booking, or cancellation policy that makes it effortless for travelers to understand what they can bring on board and how much it will cost. By taking time before your flight to read up on these policies and plan accordingly, you’ll make sure a smoother journey experience for yourself and your little one.
In this post
Air France Infant Policy Rules
Infants can travel for free on domestic flights in France if they sit on another passenger’s lap during the flight.
- Passengers are only permitted to bring one infant per adult, except if the passenger is under 18 and accompanying their own child as a parent or legal guardian.
- According to air france infant travel policy, You can buy a seat for your infant if you have the right child restraint device.
- Infants under 2 years old are charged 10% of an adult fare plus taxes for international flights, regardless of whether they will be on the lap of another passenger during the flight.
Infants (under two years old) Flying with Air France
According to air france traveling with an infant, they can fly for free on domestic flights in France if they sit on the lap of another traveler during the flight.
- Travelers are only allowed to bring one infant per adult on a flight unless the traveler is under 18 and accompanying their own child as the legal guardian or parent.
- During air france infant travel with 2 infants, at least one traveler over the age of 18 is needed. However, a passenger under 18 can accompany an air france infant if they are the child’s parent or legal guardian.
- You can buy a seat for your infant if you have the right child restraint device.
- Infants under 2 years old flying internationally are charged 10% of an adult fare plus taxes, regardless of whether they will be seated on a passenger’s lap during the flight.
Air France Infant Baggage
When traveling with a kid on your lap, you can check in extra baggage items weighing up to 10 kg / 22 lb.
- Travelers are permitted to bring a foldable stroller with dimensions of up to 15 cm x 30 cm x 100 cm at no extra charge.
- These strollers may also be accepted in the cabin on long-haul flights, however, not for specific destinations.
Air France – Children aged 2-11 flying
Children traveling with an adult can receive discounts on plane tickets: up to 15 percent for domestic flights and up to 33% for medium and long-haul flights.
You can bring a foldable stroller that fits within the size limit of 15 x 30 x 100 cm without any additional charge in addition to your air france infant baggage allowance.
Bassinet, Stroller, and Child Restraint Devices
Now, let’s learn about what policies they have for bassinet, stroller, and child restraint devices:
Air france Infant Bassinet
- Skycots can be requested on medium and long-haul flights in certain cabins but are not available in the La Première cabin.
- Skycots are intended for infants who weigh under 10 kg and measure less than 70 cm.
- To request a sky cot from Air France, contact them at least 24 hours before departure.
- You can bring a foldable stroller for an infant or child while flying without any additional charges.
- The maximum size permitted is 15 cm x 30 cm x 100 cm / 5.9 in x 11.7 in x 39.5 in.
- It may also be approved on long-haul flights if there is additional space available in the overhead compartments, except for a few destinations such as Fort-de-France, Pointe-a-Pitre, Reunion, Seychelles, Mauritius Punta Cana Havana Santo Domingo.
Child Restraint Device
- Parents who book a child fare for their infant on a flight have the option to use an official car seat that meets safety regulations for added comfort and security.
- Standard car seats are allowed for use in automobiles, but non-standard ones may be rejected by personnel during check-in or boarding.
- The air france seat for infant should not be wider than 41 cm / 16 in. and must be installed on the board according to manufacturer instructions, either facing front or back.
How to book Air ticket Seat Infant Discount Air France?
Below is the information regarding the booking process.
- Air france infant policy offers free seat reservations for families with children 14 years old or younger as long as they are booked together in the same file. Reservations can be made up to two days before the flight, and payment can be completed online through the “my booking” section.
Note: For more information, you can call the airline’s customer service number.
Air France offers special services for families
Now, it’s important to know that air france offers some impeccable services for families that are discussed below:
- Changing tables are provided on long-haul flights.
- Children between 3-8 years old are offered a meal on flights lasting over 2.5 hours that cater to their tastes and needs. For children aged 9-11, the option must be requested at least 24 hours before departure when booking or purchasing tickets.
- The crew distributes pencils, coloring books, games, Planete Bleue magazine and High Flier diploma to children aged 2-11.
- For an air france infant ticket lasting 2.5 hours or more, a special meal with cookies and baby food is available for infants. To receive this meal, passengers should request it during booking or ticket purchase at least 24 hours prior to departure.
Note: If you want to travel in the air france la premiere infant cabin, then call the airline by their phone number.
When should you reserve a seat for your baby?
Below are some notes on when you should reserve a seat for your baby:
- Children under 2 years old can travel on the lap of an adult without needing a seat reservation.
- Using a car seat for babies during flights to ensure their comfort and safety.
- Parents must reserve a separate seat for infants during air travel and ensure they are secured in an approved car seat or carrier.
- If you are traveling with two infants under the age of two, one of them must occupy a separate seat, and you will need to make your booking over the phone.
Air France Children’s Amenities
When traveling with infants or young children on long-haul flights, families can take advantage of priority boarding and special meals. Changing tables are also available on all flights. Additionally, a gift set is provided to entertain children during intercontinental flights.
Infants on Lap
Air France allows infants under the age of 2 to travel with an accompanying adult, who must hold them during takeoff and landing.
- For air france travel with infant in the La Premiere/First cabin, passengers need to contact Air France by telephone.
- Air France offers a 90% fare reduction for infants traveling on laps on all flights except those between Paris and Corsica, where they travel free of charge.
- If the infant turns two during the trip, child discounts apply to all flights in the itinerary with up to 20% discount on short-haul flights and up to 33% discount on medium-haul and long-haul flights if fares permit.
Reserved seats for infants
Air france infant policy allows infants to have a reserved seat at a child fare, except in La Premiere/First and Business cabins on certain aircraft.
- An approved car seat is accepted in the cabin if occupying a seat, but booster seats are not authorized. The airline crew may refuse unsuitable seats for air travel.
- Passengers in Economy class are restricted to carry-on luggage with a maximum width of 44 cm or 42 cm if seated in the first row.
- A non-standard car seat may be refused by personnel upon check-in or boarding, but this one is approved for use on board aircraft.
- For installing a device in an aircraft, specifying the direction it should face during take-off and landing versus cruising altitude.
- Sit in a seat with a seat belt, preferably by the window or in the middle of the center aisle.
When traveling with kids, it’s significant to understand the rules and regulations that apply to them. For instance, if you are scheduling a trip on Air France and have a kid who is under 2 years old (24 months), you may be wondering what your choices are for their travel arrangements.
According to Air france infant policy, It is crucial that when booking your ticket with Air France airline, you inform them about any infants traveling with you so they can make important arrangements. Therefore as parents or guardians traveling with infants on Air France flights, ensure proper seating arrangement has been made before boarding the plane to avoid any inconvenience during the journey.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Air France Infant Policy
If you’re traveling with a child under 2 years old, you can select to have them on your lap or in an FAA-approved child safety seat. However, for protection reasons, children over two days and under two years old must travel as infants.
To request a bassinet for your infant on an Air France flight, contact the airline by phone no later than 48 hours before departure. If no bassinet is available, your infant must travel on your lap.
The airline offers bassinets on long-haul flights for infants under 10kg/22lbs and less than 70cm/27 in the Business, Premium Economy, and Economy cabins. Passengers must request them beforehand.
Air France offers free seat reservations for families with children 14 years old or younger two days before the flight. Families can also choose specific seats in advance if desired.
To add a lap child to a flight booking, you can either do it at the time of booking or call later. Airlines usually have minimum age requirements for flying, typically starting at 7 days old, so it’s important to check with your airline about their policy.