There may be times when a passenger needs to make changes to their booking, including changing the name on the ticket. Here we will explore British Airways name change policy in detail, including the reasons why you may need to change the name on your ticket, the fees involved, and how to make the changes.
In this post
Overview of British Airways Name Change Policy
Here are some key highlights of the name change policy:
- Passengers can change the name on their ticket if they have misspelt their name, legally changed their name, want to transfer their ticket, or have gotten married.
- BA name change can be done by contacting customer service centres or using the online manage my booking feature on the airline’s website.
- Passengers may require to provide legal documentation to support a name change due to a legal name change.
- The airline may waive the fee if the name change is due to a spelling error.
- Passengers should make any necessary name changes as soon as possible to avoid any problems when boarding their flight.
- It’s important to double-check the spelling of your name when booking or cancelling a flight to avoid any issues.
Reasons to Change Name On British Airways Ticket
British Airways change name on booking needs to be done due to many reasons. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Spelling Errors: Sometimes, passengers may misspell their name when booking a flight, and this may cause problems when trying to board the flight.
- Legal Name Change: If a passenger has legally changed their name since booking the ticket, they will need to update their name on the ticket.
- Transfer of Ticket: If a passenger is unable to travel, they may want to transfer their ticket to someone else.
- Marriage/Divorce: If a passenger gets married after booking a ticket, they may need to change their name on the ticket to match their new legal name.
Name Change Up To 3 Letters
British Airways name change policy allows passengers to make small corrections to the spelling of their names, including changes of up to 3 letters, free of charge, as long as the ticket has not yet been issued.
- To make this type of correction, you should contact the airways as soon as possible and provide them with the correct spelling of your name.
- You may ask to provide proof of the correct spelling, such as a passport or other identification document.
- It’s important to note that small corrections of up to 3 letters are allow free of charge.
- Any other changes to the name on the ticket may incur fees or require the purchase of a new ticket.
- It’s best to double-check the spelling of your name when booking/cancelling your ticket to avoid any issues or additional costs.
Change Name on Passport After Marriage
If a British Airways change name on flight ticket is done due to marriage or any other reason, and you have an upcoming flight with BA, you will need to update your name on your ticket and booking information to match your new legal name.
- To do this, you will need to contact their helpline directly.
- You can either call their customer service hotline or use their online chat service.
- Make sure you have your booking reference number and any relevant documentation. The documentation includes your marriage certificate or legal name change documentation. The docs will be provided to the representative.
- They will update your name on your booking and issue you a new ticket with your updated name.
- Depending on the circumstances, there may be a fee with updating your name on your ticket.
Correct Spelling Mistake On BA Ticket
British Airways incorrect name on ticket is something which you don’t have to worry about. You can correct spelling mistake for free of charge. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the website and click on the “Manage My Booking” option.
- Enter your booking reference number and last name to access your booking.
- Look for the option to “Amend passenger details” or “Edit passenger information” and click on it.
- Make the necessary corrections to your name and ensure that the spelling is correct.
- Save the changes and check that your name is now correct on your booking confirmation.
If you encounter British Airways incorrect name on ticket online and are not able to correct it, you can contact the airline directly or your travel agent for assistance. It’s important to correct any name spelling mistakes as soon as possible to avoid any issues at check-in or boarding.
How To Change Name On British Airways?
Changing the name on a ticket can be a complex and time-consuming process. However, it is possible to make the necessary changes with a few simple steps. In this article, we will guide you through the process of changing the name on your ticket. Here are steps to show how to change name on British airways ticket through different mediums:
Change/Correct Name Online
To change your name online, you will need to follow these steps:
- Go to the website and log in to your account.
- Click on “Manage My Booking” and enter your booking reference number and last name.
- Select the flight you want to change the name for and click on “Edit passenger details.”
- Enter the new name and make sure it matches the name on the passport or other travel document.
- Save the changes and review the updated details to ensure they are correct.
- Pay any applicable fees, if there are any.
- Confirm the changes and receive a confirmation email from the airline.
Change/Correct Name Via Mobile App
To change your name via the mobile app, you will need to follow these steps:
- Open the mobile app on your device.
- Log in to your account using your credentials.
- Tap on the menu icon (three horizontal lines) located at the top left corner of the screen.
- Select “Manage My Booking” from the menu options.
- Enter your booking reference number and last name.
- Tap on the “Find booking” button.
- Select the booking you want to update.
- Tap on “View booking” to access the booking details.
- Scroll down to the “Passenger details” section and select the passenger whose name you want to change.
- Tap on “Edit” next to the passenger’s name.
- Update the passenger’s name in the provided fields.
- Tap on “Save” to save the changes.
Alter/Modify Name Via Email
British Airways wrong name on ticket can change via email, by following these steps:
- Contact their customer service through their official email address, which is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In your email, explain that you need to change your name on your booking with British Airways.
- Provide your booking reference number and your current name as it appears on your booking.
- Explain your reason for changing your name, such as a marriage or legal name change.
- Provide the correct name you wish to have on your booking, along with any supporting documentation, such as a marriage certificate or deed poll.
- Wait for a response from customer service. They may require additional information or documentation to process the name change request.
Change Name Via Phone Call
For British Airways correct passenger name via phone, you will need to call the airline’s customer service department. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Dial the customer service number for your region. You can find the relevant number on the airline’s website.
- When prompted, select the option to speak to a customer service representative.
- Once you are connect to a representative, explain that you need to change the name on your booking.
- Provide the representative with your booking reference number and any other relevant information they may require to verify your identity.
- Explain the reason for the name change and provide the correct name that you would like to use.
- The representative will advise you of any fees that may apply for the name change, and will ask you to confirm your acceptance of these charges.
- Once the name change has been processed, the representative will confirm the new name on your booking and provide you with an updated confirmation.
Change/Correct Name Via Chat
Under British Airways name change policy change your name via chat, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the website and click on the “Contact us” link at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the “Chat now” button to start a chat session with a representative.
- Explain that you need to change your name on your booking and provide them with your booking reference number and personal details.
- The representative may ask you to provide evidence of your name change, such as a marriage certificate or deed poll.
- Once your name change has been confirmed, the representative will make the necessary changes to your booking and send you a confirmation email.
British Airways Name Change Fee
When necessary and for a fee, call centres will allow name changes of up to three letters and passport/marriage alterations. For travel on a BD operated flight (236 ticketed reservations), requests for name modifications up to three letters or characters must be made through the phone service.
- The airline allows passengers to make changes to flight ticket, including name changes, but British Airways change name cost a fee for the service.
- The fee for changing a name on your booking depends on the type of ticket purchased and the destination of travel.
- British Airways also allows passengers to make corrections to spelling mistakes on their tickets free of charge.
- It is important to note that not all types of tickets allow for name changes, so passengers should check the terms and conditions of their ticket before attempting to make changes.
- Passengers can make name changes to their booking by contacting them directly or through their travel agent.
- Name changes on bookings can usually be made up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure time, but it is recommended to make change as early as possible to avoid any issues or additional fees.
The cost of administration is:
|Reasons for Name Change||Administration Fees|
|Name Change upto 3 letters (Call Centre UK/IE)||£45/€50|
|Name Change upto 3 letters (Call Centre North America)||$60|
|Passport/marriage Name Change||£45|
British Airways Change Passenger Name On Account
If you’re a frequent flyer or a first-time user of this airline, you might want to change your account name for various reasons. Fortunately, British Airways name correction of your account name is quite easy.
How to Change Name On BA account?
Passengers can change their name on account via different methods such as online and via phone mentioned below:
To change your name on a BA account, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to your account using your email address and password.
- Click on your name at the top right-hand corner of the screen, and then select “Manage My Account.”
- On the “Manage My Account” page, scroll down to the “Personal Details” section and click on “Edit” next to your name.
- Enter your new name in the appropriate fields and click “Save” to confirm the changes.
- You may have to provide supporting documentation such as a legal name change certificate or passport to verify your new name.
- Once your new name has been verified, your BA account will be updated with your new name.
To change the name on your account via call, you will need to follow these steps:
- Dial the airlines’ number. You can find the number on the official website.
- Once you are connected to a representative, explain that you want to change the name on your account. You will have to provide some personal information to verify your identity. ID includes your full name, date of birth, and account number.
- The representative will check if the name change is possible. They may ask for documentation to support the change, such as a marriage certificate or legal name change document.
- If the name change is approved, the representative will make the necessary changes to your account and confirm the new name with you.
- Make sure to verify that all your bookings and information are updated with your new name.
British Airways Change Name on Booking – FAQs
It depends on the name on your passport or government-issued ID. If your passport or ID includes a middle name, then you include it on your airline ticket. This is to avoid any issues or delays during check-in or boarding.
No, it is not necessary to include your middle name for domestic flights within the UK.
The cost of changing a name on a flight ticket depends on the specific ticket type, route, and other factors.
The deadline for changing the name on a BA flight can vary depending on the specific ticket type and route. Generally, changes to the name on a ticket must be made before the flight departure date. It’s important to note that some tickets may not allow name changes at all.
Yes, you can typically change the name on a flight ticket that was purchased through a third-party website
To change name on booking/ticket you can directly contact the airlines.
You will need to provide a copy of your passport or government-issued ID to verify your identity and request a name change.
Yes, it is possible to transfer your booking to someone else.
The time it takes to change the name on a flight ticket can vary depending on the circumstances. But it can take up to 24 hours for the changes to be processed.
No, you cannot change the name on your ticket if already checked in.