Aer Lingus Change Flight Policy not only promises an exhilarating travel experience but also offers the added advantage of a user-friendly Change Flight Policy. In our insightful blog, we unravel the intricacies of Aer Lingus’ approach to accommodating changes in travel plans. Delving into the details of the policy, we shed light on key aspects such as the flexibility offered, associated fees, and the eligibility criteria for making modifications.
Whether you find yourself in need of rescheduling due to unforeseen circumstances or simply desire a spontaneous alteration to your itinerary, Aer Lingus strives to make the process seamless and convenient. Our comprehensive guide equips you with the knowledge to navigate through any changes effortlessly, ensuring that your travel remains not only exciting but also adaptable. Join us as we explore how Aer Lingus sets the standard for customer-centric flight policies, allowing you to embrace travel with newfound confidence and ease.
In this post
Insights of Aer Lingus Change of Flight
The recently updated Aer Lingus flight change policy has ushered in a customer-friendly approach, providing passengers with the flexibility to modify their travel plans without incurring any change fees. This lenient policy applies to all routes and fare types, allowing passengers to make changes to their flights as often as needed during this specified period.
For individuals who booked their tickets directly through AerLingus.com, the process of altering their flight details has been streamlined. Passengers can conveniently initiate an Aer Lingus flight schedule change online via the Manage Trip feature, and the good news is that no change fees will be imposed up to the end of December 2021. This means passengers can make adjustments to various aspects of their travel, including altering the flight date, adjusting the flight time, changing the destination, or even upgrading their fare type, all without incurring additional charges.
It’s important to note that for passengers with itineraries involving partner airlines or those who made their bookings through Aer Lingus Reservations (such as phone reservations or through a ticket office), a direct contact with Aer Lingus is required to facilitate any changes to the flight schedule.
In the case of tickets obtained through third-party entities like travel agents or online agencies, the procedure for flight changes involves reaching out directly to the respective third-party source for processing.
There are some essential details to bear in mind. Flight changes are permissible only for routes originating from the same country, and travelers are required to complete their travel within one year from the original ticket purchase date. Additionally, any travel extras purchased must be rebooked, as they are not automatically transferred to the new booking.
Certain limitations apply to specific items such as pre-purchased meals and Upgrade Yourself products. These cannot be transferred or refunded if there is a voluntary change to the travel itinerary. Furthermore, passengers are granted the flexibility to modify their itineraries up to 2 hours before departure. However, failing to adhere to this timeframe will result in the forfeiture of the entire amount paid (excluding government tax).
Changes to flight schedules may incur fare differences, and it’s important to note that if the new fare is higher than the original, passengers are obligated to pay the fare difference based on the prevailing ticket price at the time of the change. Conversely, if the new fare is lower, no refund or travel credit will be issued for the fare difference.
It’s also crucial to be aware that any cancellation or non-utilization of an individual flight segment on the ticket is treated as a change and will attract a change fee, along with any fare difference that may apply. This comprehensive policy ensures that passengers are well-informed and can navigate their travel adjustments with clarity and ease.
Aer Lingus Change Flight Fee by Route and Fare Type
The revised Aer Lingus flight change policy, in effect until December 31, 2021, heralds a period of unprecedented flexibility for travelers across all routes and fare types. Post the expiration of this fee waiver, the Aer Lingus flight change fee structure will be contingent upon the specific route and fare type, offering a nuanced approach to passenger needs.
- For Saver and Plus Fares on flights within Europe, the flight change fee stands at USD 60/EUR 40/GBP 35 for online changes and USD 80/EUR 50/GBP 40 for changes through a Reservation Center. Transatlantic flights with Saver and Smart fares incur a fee of USD 150/EUR 100/GBP 120 for online and Reservation Center changes. It’s imperative to note that any disparity in fare between the original and the new ticket will be applicable, and both change fees and fare differences are non-refundable.
- A unique scenario arises for flights between the UK/Continental Europe and the USA, involving connecting flights in Ireland. These itineraries will incur a blend of the flight change fees mentioned, considering the amalgamation of short- and long-haul segments.
- Advantage Fares within Europe offer a distinct advantage, as no flight change fees are levied. Only the fare difference between the original and new tickets applies, and if the new ticket is cheaper, the fare difference remains non-refundable. The flexibility extends to changes up to 2 hours before departure or even at the airport until departure, provided it’s within the specified timeframe.
- Similar favorable conditions apply to AerSpace Fares within Europe, wherein flight change fees are absent. The sole consideration is the difference in fare between the original and the new ticket, and the same rules apply to missed departure fees at the airport.
- Transatlantic flights with Saver and Smart Fares introduce a fee of USD 150/EUR 100/GBP 120 for online and Reservation Center changes. However, the silver lining is the absence of a flight change fee, with the only caveat being the application of the fare difference between the original and new tickets.
- Flex Fares on transatlantic flights maintain a fee-free flight change policy, demanding only the payment of the fare difference. This flexibility extends up to 2 hours before departure and applies to changes at the airport, encompassing both short- and long-haul segments in flights between the UK/Continental Europe and the USA.
- For Business Fares on transatlantic flights, the conditions mirror those of Flex Fares, with no flight change fee but a requirement to cover the fare difference. The same holds true for Business Flex Fares, offering additional flexibility as flight changes are permitted based on availability up to 2 hours before departure or at the airport until the time of departure.
The geographical context of flights between the UK/Continental Europe and the USA, inclusive of connecting flights in Ireland, remains a key consideration for the application of relevant Aer Lingus change flight cost.
Aer Lingus Flight Rebooking Options
Irrespective of your chosen fare type, the freedom to modify your flight without incurring any change fees remains in effect until December 31, 2021, offering passengers unparalleled flexibility. During this period, passengers are afforded three distinct options, each tailored to accommodate varying travel preferences and uncertainties.
The first option permits passengers to make free, unlimited changes to their flights, extending the flexibility to any route of their choosing. This means that up to 2 hours before departure, passengers can modify their flight schedules as frequently as needed, and the crucial aspect is the exemption from any flight change fees. However, it’s important to note that if there is a difference in fare between the original and the new ticket, passengers will be responsible for covering that amount.
For those uncertain about their travel plans, the second option allows passengers to apply for a refund voucher. This voucher, applicable for Plus, Smart, Advantage, Flex, Business, and Business Flex fares, provides the flexibility to use the credited amount for booking a new ticket, purchasing baggage allowances, selecting seats, or even acquiring lounge access. To avail this option, passengers must apply for the voucher at least 14 days before the scheduled departure, and the voucher will be issued within 30 days.
The third option caters to passengers who choose not to travel, offering the possibility of applying for a cash refund. This cash refund option is applicable specifically to Advantage, Flex, Business, and Business Flex fares. As with the voucher option, any changes made to the flight schedule under this provision are subject to specific conditions. If the new ticket is more expensive, passengers are obligated to cover the fare difference. Conversely, if the new fare is cheaper, no refund for the fare difference will be issued.
These comprehensive options provide passengers with the tools to navigate their travel plans with confidence and adaptability, ensuring that their individual needs and circumstances are accommodated. The temporary waiver until December 31, 2021, serves as a testament to Aer Lingus’ commitment to customer-centric policies, prioritizing passenger convenience during these dynamic times.
How to Change Flights on Aer Lingus?
Aer Lingus offers passengers the flexibility to modify their flight arrangements through two convenient channels: by phone or online. If opting for the telephone route, individuals can initiate changes by contacting their local Aer Lingus office or the travel agent through whom the ticket was originally booked. On the other hand, passengers who booked directly through Aer Lingus—be it on the website, mobile app, ticket counter, or call center—can seamlessly alter their travel date, time, and/or destination online using the Manage Trip feature.
- For online modifications, the process is user-friendly and can be effortlessly accomplished by following a few simple steps. Starting with a visit to AerLingus.com, passengers can navigate to the Manage Trip section, enter their booking reference and family name, and then proceed to make the desired changes by following the intuitive prompts. Given the current waiver of the Aer Lingus flight change fee until December 31, 2021, passengers enjoy the liberty to make adjustments to their flight bookings as frequently as necessary within this specified timeframe.
- It’s worth noting that the convenience extends to the Aer Lingus mobile app, offering passengers the flexibility to make changes on the go. However, for those who initially secured their tickets through a third party, direct contact with the respective third-party entity is required for any modifications.
- Additionally, passengers are reminded that if they purchased travel extras directly from Aer Lingus, such as pre-purchased meals or Upgrade Yourself products, these items need to be rebooked separately, as they are not automatically transferred to the new booking. Moreover, any changes made are subject to the applicable fare difference, with no refunds or travel credits issued for fare differences if the new fare is cheaper than the original.
- Understanding the importance of travel flexibility, Aer Lingus allows changes to be made from the same country of origin, and passengers must complete their travel within one year from the date of the original ticket purchase. It’s crucial to be aware that voluntarily changing a flight booking may result in the inability to transfer or refund certain add-ons, including pre-purchased meals and Upgrade Yourself products.
- For those opting to make changes by phone, the process involves contacting the Aer Lingus change flight contact number and following the automated voice commands to connect with a knowledgeable travel expert. Providing essential details such as the booking reference number, family name, and new travel requirements ensures a smooth transition. Passengers can also convey any specific preferences they may have.
Following the selection of the most suitable option, the change flight fee and service fee can be settled, with a confirmation email, along with the updated e-ticket, promptly sent to the registered email ID. This comprehensive approach ensures that passengers have the necessary information and options at their disposal when navigating flight changes with Aer Lingus.
Aer Lingus Flight Change Policy Refund Eligibility
In the event that the cost of your new flight falls below the amount of your original booking, you will not be obligated to pay a fare difference. Furthermore, there is an option available for passengers to request a refund for the difference amount. The eligibility criteria for Aer Lingus flight change refunds within Europe, whether in the form of cash or a voucher, are clearly outlined in the following table:
It’s important to note that the refund on Business fares will be subject to a deduction of 15%.
To initiate a flight change refund request with Aer Lingus, passengers can follow these comprehensive steps:
- Visit the Aer Lingus website.
- Navigate to the “Help and Support” section located at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the “Support” link.
- In the redirected page, enter “Aer Lingus Flight Change Refund” in the search bar.
- Click on the “Search” option.
- A link to the “Refund Request Form” will be provided.
- Complete all the required details on the form, including:
- Contact Information
- Flight Information
- Additional Customers (If Applicable)
- Type of Refund Request
- Any additional queries can be typed in the “Comments” section.
- After providing all necessary details, click on the “Submit” button.
- The airline agents will promptly respond, and the refund process will be initiated.
It’s essential to be aware that refunds will be issued solely in the original form of payment used for the initial ticket purchase. This detailed process ensures that passengers can easily navigate the refund request procedure with clarity and efficiency.
Aer Lingus has positioned itself as a carrier prioritizing passenger flexibility with its comprehensive change flight policy. The temporary waiver of change fees until December 31, 2021, empowers travelers to modify their flight arrangements with unprecedented ease. Whether through online platforms or the assistance of Aer Lingus’ dedicated phone services, passengers have the freedom to adapt their travel plans as needed. The eligibility criteria for refunds, both in cash and voucher formats, provide an additional layer of reassurance for passengers facing changes in their travel circumstances. With a commitment to transparency and user-friendly processes, Aer Lingus ensures that passengers can navigate their journey modifications with clarity and confidence.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Aer Lingus Flight Change Policy
Yes, you can continue to change your flight online after December 31, 2021. However, standard change fees will apply based on your route and fare type.
Yes, flight changes are allowed only within the same country of origin. Ensure that you comply with this restriction when modifying your itinerary.
Yes, if the new flight is less expensive than the original booking, you may be eligible to request a refund for the fare difference.
Changing a flight segment or not using an individual flight will be treated as a change, incurring a change fee plus any applicable fare difference.
You must complete your travel within one year from the original date of purchase of the ticket after making changes.
No, cash refunds for not wanting to travel are applicable only to Advantage, Flex, Business, and Business Flex fares. Other fare types are not eligible for cash refunds in such cases.