Delta Airlines First Class is not just a class but an experience you will only find when flying with Delta Airlines. Delta aims to make the travel experience worth the money you spend. So when flying First class, you can expect Delta to up their game to match your needs and expectations as a passenger.
This blog is focused on the services, amenities, and experience that are offered to a passenger who is flying Delta First Class. This information will help you make your future travel plans with Delta Airlines. Also, it will answer whether it is worth flying in First Class with Delta Airlines.
In this post
What Does Delta First Class Experience Offer?
If you wonder what makes flying in the Delta First Class worth it, read ahead. Delta Airlines wants to make your flying experience with them wonderful, so they offer certain services and amenities. To make it worth your money, spend when you choose to fly in First Class with Delta. Here, you will find information on what is offered to you as a passenger flying with Delta in the First Class. The points mentioned below will give you an idea about what makes flying Delta in First Class so special.
- You can cancel or change your Delta First Class flight ticket without a change fee charged.
- This is for the Delta flights originating in the United States and Canada.
- First Class passengers are offered SkyPrioiry service.
- Delta First Class meals, snacks, and Wi-Fi on board are available to make your journey with Delta comfortable.
- Passengers are offered Delta First bag free, meaning you get to bring two checked bags for free.
- You get a dedicated top tier flight attendant who is catered to serve the needs of First Class passengers.
Limitations Of Flying Delta Airlines First Class
Though Delta Airlines offers you a lot of services, there are certain things that are not included in the First experience offered. These are mentioned below:
- No Lounge Access: There is no complimentary Delta Airlines First Class lounge experience included when you fly in First Class. If you wish to use the lounge service, then you need to buy a day pass.
- Paid Wifi: You do not get free Wi-Fi as a part of your First Class experience with Delta Airlines. You have to buy to enjoy wifi services on board your Delta flight.
- No Recline Seats: Your sets are spacious and big, but they do not recline to a lie-flat bed. There is no footrest or leg support either.
Airport Experience Offered To Delta Airlines First Class Passengers
As a passenger, your Delta First Class benefits begin from the moment you step inside the airport. Everything offered to First Class Delta Passengers is on a Priority Basis. So Delta offers SkyPriortiry, which is a premium airport service that offers a variety of specialized services. To speed up the entire process in the airport and to get the First Class passengers on board first as well.
Here are a few points that will give you an insight into the Delta Airlines First Class benefits that are offered to Delta passengers in the airport till they board their flights.
- Delta First Class Passenger Priority Check-In: Since Delta Airlines offers SkyPriority to passengers, you are offered priority check-in to reduce wait time at the airport.
- Delta First Class Passenger Security Access: This service offers you fast passage through expressed security lanes to get you to the gate faster.
- Delta First Class Baggage Allowance: The benefits of being a First Class passenger extend to your Delta first class baggage allowance as well. You can bring up to two free checked bags with you as a First Class Passenger.
If you need to know more about this, you can check the official Delta website for their Baggage policy. This will also give you an idea about the Delta First Class baggage weight acceptable by the airline.
- Preferential Boarding At The Airport: When it comes time to board your flight, you are seated first as part of your First Class experience with Delta Airlines.
- Baggage Handling Service At The Aiport: Since you come first, your baggage is handled for you so that you can save time and board your flight faster.
- Baggage Drop-Off Service: The First Class experience is incomplete without the Drop off baggage service that is offered as a part of SkyPriority. So that all you focus on is your journey.
Seating Experience Offered In Delta First Class
How comfortable you are when flying adds up to your premium experience. Thus, your comfort comes from your seat space, as you must stay in your seat for your entire journey. The Delta First Class seats are more spacious than what you will get in the Main Cabin seat, which is also known as premium economy.
You get up to 8 inches of extra legroom as per Delta Airlines First Class benefits as compared to the ones present in the Main Cabin. The First experience with Delta also gets you recline seats that offer travelers 5.4 inch recline. These benefits of being first don’t just end here as depending on your routes, some Delta flights offer you 11 inch seat back screen.
These seat dimensions provide you with room to stretch out and relax during your flight. Your Delta First Class Benefits also include power outlets on your seat so that you can stay connected and stream or work. So not only can you remain productive, but you can relax and enjoy your journey with Delta in comfort.
Meals And Snacks Offered To Delta First Class Passengers
Your experience of being a first with Delta Airlines is incomplete without the Delta First Class food experience. Delta cares a lot about making your flying experience fun and memorable. So, the meals, beverages, or snacking options offered onboard are fresh and hygienic.
Delta offers passengers seasonal food and beverages. This option varies depending upon the route and duration you are traveling in. Per Delta’s First Class drink menu, you get complimentary Starbucks coffee, and for passengers aged 21 and above, beer, wine, and spirits.
If You are First Class with Delta Airlines for shorter flights that cover under 900 miles, then as per Delta domestic First Class experience. Your meal option includes premium snacks and beverages. Suppose you are flying a medium to long flight with Delta between 900 -2299 miles. Then, your meal consists of a breakfast, lunch, or dinner, curated by a chef, along with a selection of snacks.
For Delta Flights that are longer, meaning 2300 miles and over, then you get Delta First Class international experience. Your meal selection includes a fresh meal service 24 hours a day and a selection of snacks.
Amenities Offered To Enhance Delta First Class Experience
The amenity offered to you as a First Class passenger is complimentary earbuds and hours of free entertainment. This includes the latest films, favorite TV shows, Spotify playlists, podcasts, and more, all from the comfort of your seatback screen. The wifi on board is a paid service so you can buy the wifi and plan and stream and enjoy.
The information mentioned here will give you an insight into Delta Airlines First Class experience. All the content available here will help you determine why you should travel in First Class in Delta and how it is worth your money. Safe Travels!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Delta Airlines First Class
Per the first-class experience offered by Delta, you do not get a complimentary Delta First Class lounge service on your ticket.
No complimentary Wi-Fi is offered with Delta Airlines, so you will have to buy Wi-Fi to use it on the flight.
Delta airlines First Class international luggage allowance is similar to what you get for domestic flights. For a clearer idea, you can check Delta Airlines baggage policy.
Yes, alcohol is complimentary to First class passengers who are 21-plus on Delta flights as a part of Delta Airlines first class domestic or international service.
Delta offers complimentary snacks and beverages to domestic first class passengers.
Yes per the Delta First Class carry on, you are allowed to bring a carry on on the flight.