Automation at the airport has made flying so much easier and more comfortable, from booking/ cancellations to changing the flight, all within a few clicks. Most importantly, you need not waste time at the check-in counters and kiosk queues. Copa Airlines provides more options for Check-in than you can ask for. Here is all you need to know about the Copa Airlines Check-In before your flight.
Online check-in offers you options to select the seat of your preference, baggage check, and even a boarding pass without dealing with the airport crowd. However, not all airports accept the Copa Airlines web check in boarding passes. Therefore, read this article carefully and enlighten yourself with everything you should know before boarding the plane.
In this post
Copa Airlines Check In Policy
Check-in is the most important part of traveling by air. Flying with Copa Airlines lets you check in without a hitch, with a few clicks of your fingertips. Passengers can check 24 hours to 1 hour before the scheduled departure time. Copa Airlines web check in option is available in most cases so that you can get the boarding tickets and seats of your choice in the comfort of your home.
As per the Copa Airlines Check In Policy, check-in counters close an hour before the scheduled departure time in most airports. Except for the check-in process at Venezuelan airports, where the counter closes two hours before departure. If your flight is taking off from the United States or Venezuela, you must arrive at the check-in counter at least 3-4 hours before departure.
Copa Airlines Check In Options
Copa provides its customers with too many options for checking in. You can check in via the online (website or mobile app) method, kiosk, or counter at the airport. Learn the procedure for each type of Copa Airlines Check-in.
Passengers can arrive at the airport on time to check in via available kiosks in selected airports. The airports with check-in kiosks are Panama (PTY), Panama, Miami, San José, Costa Rica (SJO), and the United States (MIA).
Process for kiosk check-in:
- You must enter the 6-character registration code on the screen.
- Follow the steps for check-in.
- Apart from this, you can also register your baggage hassle-free at the kiosks.
- Discover the available seats and select or change the seat that suits you best.
- You also find the option to print the boarding passes at the Self-service Kiosks.
|NOTE: Make the most out of the Self Service Kiosks by adding your miles with the help of the nine-digit membership number.
Kiosks Available at various airports:
|(PTY) Tocumen International Airport
|(SJO) Juan Santamaria International Airport
|(MIA) Miami International Airport
|(MCO) Orlando International Airport
|(UIO) Mariscal Sucre International Airport
|(MVD) Carrasco International Airport
|(CUN) Cancun International Airport
|(BOG) El Dorado International Airport
Airport Check-in Counters
Customer Service Representatives at the airport counters will assist you with the check-in. All you need to do is visit the counter, identify yourself, and provide them with the necessary details. The agent will guide you through the check-in procedure.
Process for Copa Airlines check-in at the Airport.
- Passengers who need special assistance and have pets should come to the airport’s check-in counter.
- Arrive at the airport check-in counter at least 2-3 hours before departure so you do not lose time in screening.
- Agent at the counter will assist you with Copa Airlines check in.
- You must provide them with the required details and documents.
Online Check-in Via Official website
If you want to save time and intend to check in from the comfort of your office or home, simply check in via your desktop. Visit the Official website and check in hassle-free.
Steps to check in through the website:
- Visit the official website.
- Enter your Reservation Code, Ticket number, or the ConnectMiles Number.
- Once you find your reservation, Keep your passport handy.
- Verify all the necessary information correctly.
- Select the seat of your preference.
- Print your boarding pass from the official site itself.
Mobile Application Check-in
Copa mobile application allows you to check in easily with only a few steps. This option may not be available for everybody. However, you can find the eligibility criteria for the online check-ins in the following section of this article.
Through the Copa Airlines Mobile application:
- Other steps are similar to the ones on the official website.
- The only difference is that after downloading the boarding pass, you must save it in the wallet application.
Some Airports do not accept mobile boarding passes; in that case, you may have to go to the Web Check-in line. The officials will print your boarding paper passes when you show the mobile boarding pass.
Restrictions at Copa Airlines Check in Web
Copa is always generous and dedicated to its customers, yet the web check-in option may not be available for everybody. In some special cases, you may not be able to perform the Copa Airlines online check-in:
- Passengers with due balances or changed reservations cannot use Copa Airlines web check in.
- Balance due and changed reservation passengers should contact the Reservation Centre for details related to the online check-in.
- Copa Airlines check in online option is only available for Copa Airlines and Copa Airlines Colombia flights.
- If your itinerary starts with another airline and then connects with Copa, you can not check-in online.
- If your registration does not include airport taxes.
- Passengers traveling in a group of 20 or more people can not check in through the online mode.
- If traveling with animals, you can not check-in online.
- Passengers with paper tickets can not access Copa Airlines web check-in.
Copa Airlines Check In Baggage
Traveling with luggage is another big task. You not only have to check in yourself but also register your baggage. It may cost you extra baggage allowance and all. However, the most important question is whether the online check-in option is also available for luggage check-in.
- Traveling with luggage : If you have extra baggage, luggage registration may take a long time. Therefore, you must arrive at the airport approximately 2 hours (at least 90 minutes) before departure. Passengers should visit the check-in counter for luggage registration. You can prepay your checked baggage during Copa Airlines web check-in. However, you must ensure your baggage does not contain extra weight, special items, or oversized suitcases. If lucky enough, you may get a discount for the prepayment of the luggage.
- Traveling with No Luggage : Those without extra baggage can check in at the counter at least 45 minutes before the scheduled departure in case of international flights. Meanwhile, you must present the documents at the boarding gate at least 30 minutes before departure for domestic itineraries, considering you are not carrying luggage.
Copa Airlines Check in Time
Even though there is a preferred time within which you must be present at the airport for check-in, you should arrive at the airport hours before the flight departure to ensure you are not late for boarding. Some Airports have extra screening, which may take too long. Therefore, look below at the Copa Airlines Check in Time for various flights.
|Check-in Closure & Baggage Registration
|Boarding Gate Closure
|From the United States
|From Santiago de Chile
|From Sao Paulo
There are several options for the Copa Airlines check-in, but you must ensure that you are eligible for the particular method. There are no extra charges for any special check-in option. However, you must know that even after Copa Airlines web check in, you should reach the airport on time for your luggage registration. You are allowed to check in 24 hours to one hour before the scheduled departure.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Copa Airlines Check In
Yes. You can register your luggage while checking in online through copa.com or Copa Airlines mobile application.
You can check in online if you are eligible for the option to avoid standing in the queue at the kiosk or check-in counters.
After entering your reservation code, Ticket number, or ConnetMiles Number, you will find a check-in option on the website and mobile.
You should arrive at the airport at least an hour before departure for domestic flight check-ins. Meanwhile, if you have an international flight, be at the check-in kiosk at least 3 hours before the departure. The rules differ for US and Venezuela airports, where you might have to arrive at least 4-5 hours before the departure for extra screening.
No. If you are traveling with a pet or a companion, you can not check-in online. You must check in from the airport counter.