Etihad pet policy understands that pets are important members of our families, and they have developed a pet policy to ensure a comfortable and safe journey for both pets and their owners. The Etihad pet policy outlines the guidelines and requirements for traveling with pets on their flights. Whether you’re planning to bring your furry friend in the cabin or transport them as cargo, Etihad aims to provide a smooth and hassle-free experience.
With the Etihad pet policy in place, pet owners can have peace of mind knowing that their beloved companions are well taken care of during their journey. From the necessary documentation and pet carrier specifications to specific restrictions and fees, Etihad’s pet policy covers all the essential details to ensure a pleasant and secure travel experience for pets and their owners.
Let’s know more about the Etihad Pet Policy.
In this post
Overview of Etihad Pet Policy
Etihad Airways has a pet policy to accommodate and ensure pets’ safe and comfortable travel onboard their flights. Whether you want to bring your furry friend with you in the cabin or transport them as cargo, Etihad provides guidelines and requirements to make the journey enjoyable for both pets and their owners.
If you wish to bring your pet into the cabin, Etihad allows small dogs, cats, and birds to travel with you in an approved pet carrier. The carrier should fit comfortably under the seat before you and provide sufficient ventilation. It’s important to note that certain breeds or species may have specific restrictions due to their size or temperament, so it’s advisable to check with the airline beforehand.
Etihad offers pet transportation services through its cargo division for larger pets or those not eligible for cabin travel. Pets traveling in cargo must meet specific requirements, including being properly crate-trained, having up-to-date health certificates, and adhering to the airline’s crate dimensions and ventilation guidelines.
It’s essential to contact Etihad Airways in advance to arrange pet travel and obtain all necessary documentation. This includes health certificates, vaccination records, and other required permits or approvals based on your destination’s regulations. Fees may apply for pet travel, and the cost will depend on the pet’s size, weight, and travel route.
During the journey, Etihad ensures that pets are well taken care of. They have trained staff who handle pet transportation with utmost care and follow established procedures to prioritize the safety and comfort of the animals. The airline also provides tips and advice to pet owners, such as making sure pets are well-hydrated, not feeding them heavily before the flight, and familiarizing them with their carrier beforehand.
What Pets are Allowed to Travel in Etihad Pet Policy?
In Etihad Airways pet policy, the following pets are allowed to travel:
1. Dogs: Small dog breeds such as shitzu, lhasa, etc can travel in the cabin, subject to specific guidelines and restrictions. Larger dogs may need to be transported as cargo.
2. Cats: Cats are generally allowed to travel in the cabin, provided they meet the airline’s carrier size and behavior requirements.
3. Birds: Some species of birds may be permitted to travel in the cabin, depending on their size and breed. It’s advisable to check with Etihad Airways for specific guidelines.
4. Service Animals: Service animals, such as guide or assistance dogs, are generally allowed to travel with their owners in the cabin. Proper documentation and advance notification are required.
5. Other Small Pets: Certain small pets, such as rabbits, hamsters, and guinea pigs, may be allowed to travel in the cabin, subject to the airline’s regulations. It’s important to check with Etihad Airways regarding the specific requirements.
It’s crucial to note that each pet must meet the airline’s guidelines and have the necessary documentation, including health certificates and vaccination records. The pets’ behavior should be well-mannered and properly contained in appropriate carriers during the flight.
Etihad Airways provides pet transportation services through their cargo division for larger pets or those not eligible for cabin travel. This allows for safe and secure transport of pets in compliance with relevant regulations and standards.
It’s important to contact Etihad Airways in advance to make the necessary arrangements for pet travel. They can provide detailed information about the specific requirements for each type of pet, including carrier dimensions, health certificates, and any additional permits or approvals needed based on the destination’s regulations.
What are the rules and regulations for traveling with pets in Etihad Airways?
Traveling with pets on Etihad Airways requires adherence to specific rules and regulations to ensure the safety and comfort of the pet and other passengers. These rules comply with upgrades or bookings as well. Here are the guidelines explained in detail:
1. Cabin Travel:
- Only small dogs, cats, and birds are allowed in the cabin.
- Pets must be placed in an appropriate carrier that fits under the seat.
- The carrier should have proper ventilation, be secure, and allow the pet to stand, turn, and lie comfortably.
- Pets must remain inside the carrier throughout the flight for the safety of both the pet and passengers.
2. Cargo Travel:
- Larger pets or those ineligible for cabin travel can be transported as cargo.
- Pets must be crate-trained and transported in a secure, airline-approved crate.
- The crate should meet specific size and ventilation requirements set by Etihad Airways.
- Health certificates and vaccination records are mandatory for pets traveling in cargo to ensure their well-being.
3. Documentation and Notification:
- It is essential to contact Etihad Airways in advance to arrange pet travel.
- Obtain all necessary documentation from a licensed veterinarian, including health certificates and vaccination records.
- Inform the airline about your intention to travel with a pet during the booking process.
- To ensure appropriate arrangements, provide accurate and up-to-date information about your pet’s breed, size, and behavior.
4. Pet Comfort and Well-being:
- Prioritize your pet’s comfort by ensuring they are well-hydrated before the flight, but avoid feeding them heavily.
- Familiarize your pet with the carrier before the journey to minimize stress during travel.
- Follow Etihad Airways’ instructions for preparing the pet carrier, including adding absorbent bedding if required.
- Carry essential items such as food, water, and any necessary medications to cater to your pet’s needs during the journey.
5. Fees and Restrictions:
- Fees may apply for pet travel; the cost will depend on pet size, weight, and travel route.
- Some countries may have specific regulations or restrictions on pet entry, so it is crucial to check the requirements of your destination beforehand.
Step-by-Step for booking a ticket in Etihad Airways for Pets
To understand how the pet policy service works and book tickets for traveling with pets on Etihad Airways, follow these steps:
1. Review Etihad Airways Pet Policy:
- Visit the official Etihad Airways website(www.etihad.com).
- Look for the “Traveling with Pets” or “Pet Policy” section.
- Read and familiarize yourself with pet travel rules, regulations, and requirements.
2. Check Pet Eligibility:
- Ensure that your pet meets the eligibility criteria defined by Etihad Airways.
- Verify the allowed pet types, such as dogs, cats, or birds, and any breed restrictions.
3. Contact Etihad Airways:
- Call Etihad Airways customer service or use their online contact channels.
- Inform them of your intention to travel with a pet and inquire about the availability of pet travel on your desired flight.
4. Book Your Flight:
- Provide all the necessary information about your travel itinerary, including the departure and destination airports, travel dates, and cabin preference (cabin or cargo).
- Inquire about pet-friendly seats or cargo space availability for your pet.
5. Complete Documentation:
- Obtain all required documents from a licensed veterinarian, such as health certificates and vaccination records.
- Ensure that your pet’s documentation complies with both the airline’s and destination country’s regulations.
6. Pay for Pet Travel:
- Etihad Airways may charge a fee for pet travel.
- Inquire about the cost of pet travel and any additional services you may require, such as a pet carrier or extra amenities.
7. Prepare for Travel:
- Follow the guidelines provided by Etihad Airways regarding pet carrier specifications and preparation.
- Familiarize your pet with the carrier and ensure they are comfortable and secure during the journey.
Etihad Pet Travel Cost
When traveling with a pet in Economy class on Etihad Airways, the cost is $150 (Dh550) per pet for flights of six hours or less. For journeys lasting more than six hours, the cost increases to $250 (Dh920) per pet per flight. If you have a transit during your journey, the combined price for each flight will apply.
In Business class, if you wish to travel with your pet, you must purchase an extra seat in advance. You must buy an additional seat next to your seat to accommodate your pet during the flight.
It is important to note that these costs are subject to change, and it is recommended to confirm the exact pricing with Etihad Airways directly or check their official website for the most up-to-date information.
When booking your tickets, be sure to inquire about the pet travel fees and make the necessary arrangements to ensure a smooth and hassle-free journey for you and your pet.
Etihad Airways Pet in Cabin Criteria
When it comes to traveling with pets on Etihad Airways, there are certain criteria and guidelines to follow:
1. Pet Size and Weight Restrictions: Etihad Airways has specific regulations regarding the size and weight of pets allowed to travel. These restrictions ensure the safety and comfort of both the pet and other passengers.
2. Pet Carrier Requirements: Pets must be transported in an appropriate carrier or crate that meets the airline’s guidelines. The carrier should provide enough space for the pet to stand, turn around, and lie comfortably.
3. Health and Vaccination: Pets must be healthy and free from contagious diseases. It is usually required to provide a health certificate issued by a veterinarian, stating that the pet is fit for travel and up-to-date on vaccinations.
4. Documentation and Permits: Depending on the destination, specific documentation and permits may be required for traveling with pets. It is important to check the destination country’s entry requirements to ensure compliance.
5. Advance Booking: It is recommended to book your pet’s travel well in advance as there are usually limited spaces available for pets on each flight. Contact Etihad Airways or visit their website to inquire about the procedures and make the necessary arrangements.
6. Pet Travel Fees: Etihad Airways charges fees for traveling with pets. The cost may vary depending on the flight duration and the cabin type. It is advisable to check the specific fees and policies with the airline when booking your pet’s travel.
In conclusion, Etihad Airways has a well-defined pet policy that allows passengers to travel with their furry companions. They have specific guidelines regarding pet size, weight, carrier requirements, health documentation, and advance booking. While traveling with pets, it is important to adhere to these rules to ensure the safety and comfort of the pets, other passengers, and airline staff. Following the Etihad pet policy and making necessary arrangements in advance, passengers can enjoy a smooth and hassle-free journey with their beloved pets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) of Etihad Airways Pet Policy
Only service dogs are allowed in the cabin. All other pets must be transported in the cargo hold as per Etihad’s pet policy.
Etihad does not impose specific breed restrictions. However, it is advisable to check the destination country’s regulations, as some countries may have breed-specific restrictions.
The pet travel fees on Etihad Airways vary depending on the duration of the flight. The cost is $150 (Dh550) per pet per flight for six hours or less, and for journeys over six hours, it is $250 (Dh920) per pet per flight.
Yes, it is generally required to provide a health certificate issued by a veterinarian stating that your pet is in good health and up to date on vaccinations. Specific documentation requirements may vary depending on the destination.