Aeromexico Pet Policy is formed to help all the passengers that need to travel with their pets. If you are concerned about the safety and comfort of your pet on board the Aeromexico flight then this is the right place for you. Aeromexico Pets policy ensure that all the requirements are met by the passenger as well as the airline.
In this post
Why is Aeromexico Airlines Pet Policy needed?
When it comes to pet traveling with the Aeromexico airline, the airline cares about their safety and makes sure they have a comfortable journey onboard. The airline offers passengers different ways by which aeromexico travel with pets is possible such as in Cabin, as checked baggage or as Cargo as per aeromexico pet policy. This service is only applicable to flights operated by Aeromexico. Also remember that your pet should always travel in the same flight as you.
Aaeromexico Pets in Cabin
The Aeromexico airline allows the passenger to carry their pets such as cats and dogs with them in the passenger cabin. The pet needs to be inside the carrier at all times during its flight journey. The carrier of your pet needs to be comfortable enough for the pet so that it can move freely inside the carrier. It must be placed under the seat in front. Keep in mind that the carrier is such that all the parts of you pet are inside it all times. Locked properly so that the pet cannot open it by itself. Few points to keep in mind while traveling with aeromexico pets on board are mentioned below:
- The age of the pet carried needs to be more than or equal to 8 weeks old.
- Pets that are going through any kind of veterinary treatment are not welcomed aboard.
- Pets that are breastfeeding are also not welcome on board.
- The weight of your pet along with the carrier can be up to 9 kg.
- It is recommended that a passenger should arrive 2 hours prior to check-in time for their flight along with their pet as per Aeromexico pet check in.
- Only one pet per passenger is allowed.
Any pet that fails to meet the requirement of the aeromexico pet in cabin policy travels as a checked baggage. To help you make a better informed and decision regarding your pet travel in cabin, you can take a look the the table below. This table shows the availability of pets that are allowed on the Aeromexico flights based on the aircraft you end up flying on.
|Premier Light (J16/156)||6|
Aeromexico Pet Carrier In Cabin
It is very important that the carrier you get for your pet travel is comfortable for the pet. Below mentioned are some key points to keep in mind when it comes to the carrier that you choose to bring along:
- An absorbent base must be placed in the carrier.
- Enough ventilation holes must be there in the carrier.
- Only one pet per carrier is accepted.
- The material should be flexible and soft plastic.
- The aeromexico pet carrier size can be up to (40*30*20) cm.
Aeromexico Pet Fee In-Cabin
If you have been wondering what the Aeromexico airline charges for pet travel in-cabin then here is your answer. Be it domestic flights or international flights, aeromexico flying with pets fee charged by the airline are mentioned here. The pet travel fee charged changes based on the travel season as per Aeromexico pet policy. And the fee charged is one way.
- For Domestic flights the pet travel fee charged for a one way trip is
- Low Season: $1350 mexican dollars including taxes
- High Season: $1700 mexican dollars including taxes
- For International flights the pet travel fee charged for a one way trip is
- Low Season: $162 including taxes
- High Season: $168 including taxes
Aaeromexico Pets As Checked Baggage
If your pet can not travel in the cabin then they travel as checked baggage in the baggage compartment. Mentioned below are the points to consider while making bookings with Aeromexico for your pets to give you a peace of mind:
- Pets such as Cats, Dogs and Birds are accepted as checked baggage on the Aeromexico flights on board.
- The animal has to be equal to or more than 8 weeks old.
- The maximum weight allowed is up to 45 kg including the carrier.
- If the flight is traveling from Mexico to London then your pet can travel in cargo.
- It is recommended that a passenger should arrive 2 hours prior to check-in time for their flight along with their pet.
Aeromexico Pet Carrier In Checked Baggage
It is very essential to have the right carrier for your pet travel,as they will spend their whole flight duration in the carrier.Some key factors that will help you in making the right decision regarding the pet carrier are mentioned below:
- The carrier material needs to be hard.
- The Carrier should have proper ventilation,so 3 or 4 vets are acceptable.
- The carrier should be leak proof and should have a leak absorbent mat at the bottom.
- The carrier needs to be properly locked and locks must be placed so that the carrier can not be opened.
Below mentioned table shows the information of total available places for pets to travel as checked baggage based on the aircraft.
|Aircraft||Dimension Excepted||Pets Allowed|
|E-190||40 x 36 x 32 in||8|
|B737-700,B737-800,737-800,(Y186//Y189), B737-MAX-8,B737-MAX-9||48 x 44 x 36 in||10|
So while making bookings you can be more assertive and make reservations as soon as possible.
Dogs and Cats that are Brachycephalic meaning that have breathing problems or get sick as temperature regulation happens are not allowed on board the airline. Here below is the list mentioned with names of breeds that are not accepted.
Cat Breeds such as Burmese, Exotic Shorthair, Himalayan and Persian are not accepted.
Dog Breeds such as Affenpinscher, American Staffordshire Terrier, Boston Terrier, BrusselsGriffon, Boxer( all races), Bull dog (all races), Bull Mastiff, Cane Corso, Cavalier King Charles, Chow-Chow, Dogo Argentino, Dogue de Bordeaux, English Toy Spaniel, Brussels Griffon, Japanese Spaniel, Lhasa-apso, Bichon Maltes, Mastiff / Mastin (all races), Newfounland, Canary Dam, Beijing, Pug (all races), Saint Bernard, SharPei, Shih-tzu, Dwarf English Spaniel, Tibetan Spaniel, Yorkshire terrier, Cavalier Spaniel are not accepted.
Keep in mind if your pet appears to look like Brachycephalic, then you have to show a proof stating the opposite.
Birds As Checked Baggage
Passengers can transport birds as checked baggage with Aeromexico Airline. Points mentioned below will help you make plans for your bird’s air travel.
- Passengers need to submit a certificate given by an animal expert known as zoo sanitary.
- Another certificate is needed that allows the import, export of animals issued by the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources.
- These are accepted by all countries except the USA and Canada as per Aeromexico international pet policy.
- A container made out of plastic and cardboard with a capacity of 4 birds in each is accepted.
- Cocks are also accepted on board if they meet all the required information.
Aeromexico Pet Fee As Checked Baggage
The fee charged for bird travel as checked baggage are mentioned here.These fee is based on the season and these high and low seasons impact the fee and it is charged for one way.
- For Domestic flights the pet travel fee charged for a one way trip
- Low Season: $1600 Mexican dollars including taxes
- High Season: $1950 Mexican dollars including taxes
- For International flights the pet travel fee charged for a one way trip
- Low Season: $252 including taxes
- High Season: $258 including taxes
Aeromexico Cargo Pets
For pets and animals that can not travel as checked baggage or pets in the cabin, they travel in Cargo. Aeromexico Cargo pets travel in comfort and their safety is taken care of by the airline. If you are concerned about the comfort of your pet, then be assured that the staff is well trained. They are professionals and are empathetic towards the animals. So it is safe to say that your pet or animal will be in safe hands. Points to keep in mind while choosing cargo travel for pets are mentioned here. These are the conditions that are not accepted for Cargo.
- Sick animals will be denied boarding.
- No Dead or stuffed animals are accepted as cargo.
- Animals Less than 8 months old are not welcomed.
- Pregnant animals are also not welcomed.
- Dogs and Cats that are under 12 weeks of age are not welcomed.
- Brachycephalic breeds are not allowed.
Aeromexico Pet Cargo Restricted Breeds
There are certain breeds that are not welcomed on board as per aeromexico cargo pets international policy.So below is the list of the breeds.
- Dog Breeds that are not approved are Affenpinscher, American bully, American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Boston terrier, Boxer and Bulldog (All Breeds), Chow-chow, Argentine Dogo, Dogue de Bordeaux, English toy spaniel, Brussels Griffon, Japanese Spaniel, Lhasa apso, Pekingese, Pug (all breeds), Shar pei and Shih Tzu.
- Cat Breeds that are not approved are Burmese, Himalayan, Persian and Exotic.
Carrier Requirement Cargo
Having the right carrier makes all the difference when it comes down to Pet Travel. The requirements are different for a Carrier needed in cargo travels. Below mentioned information will help you in choosing the carrier for your pet for Aeromexico pet cargo travel.
- It is essential to have a sturdy carrier that has ventilation on all the four sides.
- The carrier needs to be clean and leak proof .
- Make sure you don’t lock the carrier in case due to any emergency the staff has to let the animal out its carrier.
- Enough space should be inside the carrier so that if the pet stands up none of their body parts touch the carrier.
- A label should be attached at the side of the carrier containing any special information about your pet.
- For Cats and dogs, passengers need to attach a 200 gm food packet to the side of the carrier.
- In a single carrier up to 3 animals can fit from ages 3 to 6 months for cats and dogs.
- Up to 2 animals in a single carrier are accepted of the same size that can weigh a total of 14 kg and are friendly with each other.
Aeromexico understands that the support provided by the support animals is needed by the passenger. So as per the Aeromexico pet policy, the airline allows you to travel with your service animal in the passenger cabin. Service animals allowed are based on these guidelines mentioned below so you can take a look and be well informed.
- As a service animal only dogs are accepted by the airline.
- Your service dog must always be on a leash and needs an id tag on.
- Service dogs need to be equal to and more than 8 weeks old.
- It is advised to be available at the airport with your service dog 2 hours prior to your flight departure.
- Service dogs need to be well behaved and properly trained.
- Service dogs will remain seated throughout the whole journey under the seat in front.
Emotional Support Animals
Aeromexico also allows passengers to travel with their emotional support animal in the passenger cabin as per aeromexico pet friendly policy. The airline understands the need of your emotional support buddy to travel with you. Mentioned below are some key points that will help you understand what you need to do if you wish to travel with an emotional support animal.
- As an Emotional support animal only dogs and cats are allowed by the airline.
- The maximum allowed weight is up to 12 kg and the pet measurements allowed in inches are 22 long and 12 tall.
- One one support animal is allowed per passenger.
- In order to get approval to fly with an emotional support animal you need a certification issued by a psychiatrist. It should state how the support animal plays a significant role in the well being of the passenger.
- The certificate needed must be issued in letterhead and following information must be present such as date issued, medical license number and psychiatry specialty license.
- This license needs to be issued within a year of traveling.
- This service is not available for flights traveling to the USA or flights traveling to the UK.
- The emotional support animal can be seated under the seat in front or on the passengers lap.
- The emotional support animal form must be completed and submitted a minimum of 48 hours prior to your flight departures.
- Once the form is submitted the airline will notify you within 36 hours of the approval or denial of the request.
Documents needed for Aeromexico Pet Travel
Aeromexico pet travel requirements include you to bring all the required paperwork for your pet for it to have smooth air travel experience. Below mentioned is the information of documents that are needed for pet air travel by airline based on their Aeromexico cargo pets international travel destinations.
Pets Traveling Within Mexican Territory
- An up to date vaccination record.
- A certificate of good health issued by a vet on a letterhead.
Pets Leaving and Entering Mexico
- An up to date vaccination record.
- A rabies vaccination needs to be administered within 28 days of landing in the USA.
- A certificate of good health issued by a vet on a letterhead.
- An export certificate indicating good health issued by SAGARPA.
This article is centric to all the information a passenger is seeking while aeromexico traveling with pets. The Aeromexico airlines pet policy sums up the information needed at the time of planning a trip with your pet. Be it pet travel fees, carrier sizes or the documentation needed. So you can make your travel plans with a peace of mind and not worry incase any cancellation happens.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Aeromexico Pet Policy
Passengers are allowed to take pets for air travel in the passenger cabin and as checked baggage.
Yes as per Aeromexico Pets in cabin policy, pets are allowed to travel in the passenger cabin.
Aeromexico allows pets like cats, dogs and birds to fly with them.
The kind of pets allowed in the passenger cabin are cats and dogs as per aeromexico pet in cabin policy.
No as per aeromexico pet travel policy unaccompanied minors are not allowed to travel with pets in the flights.
Yes as per the aeromexico pet friendly policy the airline accepts passengers traveling with emotional support animals provided proper documents are submitted.