Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy is in place to give you as much information as is needed to ensure safe minor travel. Delta understands that there are times when a minor might have to travel alone. So they have crafted this policy to give you an idea about the dons and don’t of minor travel.
This blog has information related to the minor fee charged, the documents needed, and the services Delta Airlines has to offer your minor. Your minor’s safety and comfort are what Delta aims to deliver with this policy in place.
In this post
What Does Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy Offer?
Delta allows minors to travel alone with them, so they have to get a minor policy to make minor journeys safe and comfortable. This policy is in place to make your life as a parent or guardian easier when booking a solo flight for your minor.
A few things to keep in mind while booking a Delta Airlines unaccompanied minor service are listed here. These will help you plan accordingly and give you an insight into the policy offered by Delta Airlines.
- If your minors are 5 to 7 years old, then they can travel on some nonstop flights only with Delta Airlines as per Delta Minor policy. A fee of $150 will be charged for one way for upto four minors.
- Minors aged 8 to 14 years old can travel on connecting and some nonstop flights. The minor fee charged is similar to $150 for one way for upto four minors.
- If your child’s age is 15 to 17 years old, they can travel as a Delta unaccompanied minor if they opt to do so on non-stop and connecting flights. The minor fee charged is the same as above.
- This age group can travel as a standard passenger as well if they provide valid ID proof.
- It is essential that an adult 18 years or above accompanies the minor to the airport and helps them with check-in.
- The parent or guardian who is supposed to pick up the minor at the destination airport needs to be an adult as well.
- The Delta Unaccompanied Minor Fee can be paid for one way or for a round trip in advance by calling.
Prepare Your Minors to Fly As Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minors
Delta Airlines recommends that you prepare your Minors before their travel. It is essential that the minor is aware of their journey. If the minor has any special needs while traveling, then you need to inform the Delta staff. You can pack a single carry-on bag that has attached to it the ID proof and contact information of the guardian or parent who will pick the minor up at the destination airport.
When you arrive at the airport, the Delta staff will provide your minor with a wristband for their flight. Also, they will create a package of their boarding documents and ID proof of your minor for their flight. At Delta Flight Check-In, you need to show and provide some documents to the staff, such as:
- A photo ID.
- Address Proof.
- Contact details (Phone number).
- Details of the person that will pick up the minor at the destination airport such as name, address, and contact details.
It is essential that you accompany your minor to the boarding gate and stay there till the flight leaves. This is done to ensure your minor’s safety in case the flight turns around or the Delta flight gets canceled due to technical faults. If your Minor’s flight is a connecting flight, then your minor will be assisted by the Delta staff or a business partner employee.
Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Entertainment
If your Minor has a connecting flight through Atlanta, Cincinnati, Detroit, New York (JFK), Los Angeles, Memphis, Minneapolis, Salt Lake City, or Seattle, Delta Airlines offers minors Delta Sky Zones. These are children-only entertainment areas where your minor waits for their flight connections, use complimentary phones to call parents/guardians, and takes advantage of activities like books, toys, and video games. Be assured that the Delta Airlines staff will always be there to assist your minor at all times.
Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minors Pickup At The Airport
At the Destination Airport, Delta will only release the minor if the ID proofs are presented at the airport by the parent/ guardian present to pick up the minor. In order to get a gate pass, the guardian is advised to reach the destination airport 2 hours prior to the minor’s flight arrival. If, in any case, the guardian changes who is supposed to pick up the minor, you need to inform the Delta airline staff.
All the information available here is about the delta unaccompanied minor policy. This content will help you in planning a trip for your minor or minors with Delta Airlines. Safe Travels!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Delta Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
The minor fee charged by the airline is $150 for one way and for upto 4 minors.
Yes, as per Delta Airlines minor travel policy, if you request, the airline will provide your child of age 15 unaccompanied minor service.
In case your minor’s flight gets canceled or delayed, then the Delta staff will book them a new flight and will stay with the minor during the process.
Yes, you can book an international flight for your minor with Delta Airlines.
It is advised that you stay till the minor boards its Delta flights and the aircraft is in air.