Alaska Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy is mapped out to help parents who are planning a trip for their minors with Alaska Airlines. These policies that airlines have for different services they offer are to simplify flying rules for the passengers. These rules will make the journey process from boarding till the minor reaches his or her destination a smooth one. The staff is always present with the minor during the process to help them feel comfortable. So that you can be relaxed and assured of your minor’s safety with Alaska Airlines.
There are many services that are offered by the airline be it special meals, pet travel, medical assistance, or mobility assistance. Be assured that Alaska Airlines aims to make the air travel experience of their passengers safe. So you can make future plans with Alaska Airlines without stressing and focus on having a memorable experience.
In this post
When is Alaska Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy needed?
Alaska Airlines welcomes solo child travelers aboard their flights and promises a safe journey. The job of Alaska Air staff ends when minors are handed over to their parent or guardian at the destination. The minor is always under the supervision of the airline staff so you can put your worries to rest. The staff will keep you posted if any schedule changes happen for your flight as well. If your flight gets cancelled then you need to be with the minor. So you are requested to stay at the airport till your minor has not boarded their flight.
Alaska Airlines calls the children flying alone Junior Jetsetters. There a some Alaska Airlines unaccompanied minor rules laid out below to simplify the policy.
- The number of minors allowed on board is limited due to safety reasons. So making bookings in advance is essential.
- If there are weather disturbances on the route then the airline will not fly minors with them.
- If the airline knows that there will be some delays or disturbances on the route then minors will not be flown.
- When this unplanned interruption occurs rebooking the minor flight will require permission from the parents or guardians.
- If the minor gets ill during the flight appropriate medical assistance will be taken.
- If the minor wants to contact their peers then it will allowed while they are on the ground. And the representative allows them to do so.
- MVP, MVP Gold, Gold 75k, or Gold 100k status minors are not charged Alaska Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Fees.
- It is essential that you reach the airport on time at least 90 minutes prior to your flight departure.
Flying As An Alaska Airline Unaccompanied Minor
The experience your minor has while traveling with Alaska Airlines is a memorable one. The airline aims to make the flight journey a comfortable one for the minors flying with them. So they have certain rules as per Alaska Airlines unaccompanied minor service to make the journey saver. There are mentioned below.
- Minors will be provided with a lanyard and a wristband to make it easy for the attendants to recognize them.
- Minors get to board their flight early with Alaska. Additionally, a special briefing is done to make them aware of the safety procedures by the attendants.
- If the minor flight is flying in the main cabin and the duration of the flight is more than 2 hours then a complimentary meal is provided.
- Pre-order meal options are available in the reservation for minors. The first pre-ordered meal is served free of charge.
Alaska Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Fees Charged
The fees charged by the airlines as the Alaska Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Fee are mentioned here. A minor travel fee is based on the route your child is flying. Alaska Airlines gives you the flexibility of paying the fee during check-ins online, at the airport kiosk, or at the airport counter. The fee also varies based on the minor age group. Below given information will help you understand this in a better way.
Alaska Airline Unaccompanied Minor Age (5 – 7)
This age group of Alaska Airlines unaccompanied minors are charged a fee of $50 per child. The services offered to this age group are mentioned here. Minors get Junior Jetsetter service along with the gate escort. Information about the guardian’s contact is needed by the airline. This age group gets to fly on non-stop direct flights. Alaska flights flying minors may not begin between 9 pm at night and 5 am in the morning.
Alaska Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Age (8 – 12)
This age group is charged $50 per child for non-stop or direct flights and $75 for connecting flights. They get the same services as the previous age group. But the flight timings can be during night time if there aren’t any other options available to travel.
Alaska Airline Unaccompanied Minors Age (13 -17)
The minor travel fee charged to this group is the same as to the previous one. $75 for connecting flights and $50 for direct nonstop flights. Junior Jetsetter service is optional for this age group. It will be provided only if the guardian requests the airline for it.
Fly For All App For Unaccompanied Minors
Alaska Airlines has a mobile application for minors who are flying alone. This application is free and is available on all Android and iOS platforms. This app is meant to ease the anxiety of the flyers by going through the steps when you get ready to fly with Alaska. This app is for all first-time flyers, minors traveling alone, and those with disabilities. For minors this app will prepare them for Alaska Airlines unaccompanied minor flights and calm them for the journey.
Documents Needed To Fly with Alaska Airlines As An Unaccompanied Minor
When it comes to flying you need to show up with proper paperwork. So when a minor is flying alone it is essential that they have all the right paperwork with them. Here you will get information about what documents you have to carry while your minor is traveling alone. The list of documents needed as per the Alaska Airlines unaccompanied minor rules is as follows:
- Passport of the minor traveling alone.
- The contact information of the guardian or parent who is supposed to pick up the minor at the destination.
- A signed-up Alaska Airlines unaccompanied minor form by the guardian or parent who is accompanying the minor at the airport.
This content is centered around Alaska Airlines rules for unaccompanied minors. All the content mentioned here is to help you figure out the rules for traveling with a minor on Alaska Airlines.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Alaska Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
The acceptable age limit for minors traveling alone as per Alaska Airlines is 5-17 years old.
Alaska Airlines fee for unaccompanied minors varies based on the age group of the minor. For detailed information, you can read the information above.
The fee charged for Alaska Airlines unaccompanied minor service is either $50 or $75 based on the age of your minor.
Alaska Airlines unaccompanied minor fee pay online facility allows you to pay for the flight online. You can either pay via the website or the airline’s mobile app.
As per the Alaska Airlines rules for unaccompanied minors for the age group 13 to 17 you have to request the airline. If your child needs a minor service while traveling.
Alaska Airlines unaccompanied minor age accepted by the airline is from age 5 to 12 years old. This service is optional for ages 13 to 17 and is only provided if the guardian or parent requests it.