WestJet understands that pets are not just animals; they are important members of our families. That’s why WestJet offers a comprehensive pet policy to ensure your furry friends can travel safely and comfortably with you, no matter where you’re headed. Whether it’s a short domestic flight or a long-haul international journey, WestJet has got you covered.
When traveling with your pet on WestJet, there are some important things to keep in mind. If your pet does meet the requirements for travel on WestJet flights, rest assured that they will be well taken care of throughout their journey. You’ll need to bring along all necessary documentation, but once those are checked off your list, your furry friend will be ready for takeoff!
WestJet also provides helpful tips for making air travel less stressful for you and your pet. So let’s read further and know more about the WestJet Pet Policy.
In this post
Information about WestJet Pet Policy
WestJet Pet Policy is known for being a pet-friendly policy that allows passengers to travel with their furry friends. However, it’s important to note that passengers can travel with only one pet each.
In addition to allowing pets in the cabin, WestJet permits certain animals, such as cats, dogs, rabbits, birds, chinchillas, guinea pigs, and hedgehogs, to travel as checked baggage in the hold. It’s essential for pet owners traveling with their pets as checked baggage to ensure they adhere strictly to all guidelines provided by WestJet.
First and foremost, make sure to book early, as space is limited for pets on each flight. Also, you should be aware of the westjet cancellation policy when traveling with your pet to avoid any last minute hassle. Additionally, certain breeds may not be allowed in the cabin due to size restrictions or other safety concerns.
There are weight restrictions when traveling with your pet on board WestJet flights; the maximum combined weight of your pet and carrier shouldn’t exceed 100 lbs (45 kg). This policy ensures that you and your furry friend can have an enjoyable flight experience together without hassle or discomfort.
Guide for WestJet traveling with Pets in the Cabin
If you’re planning to travel with your furry friend, it’s important to know the pet policy of the airline and guidelines for WestJet pets in cabin.
- WestJet Pet Policy allows small dogs and cats in the cabin, provided they fit comfortably in a carrier that can be stowed under the seat in front of you.
- To bring your pet on board, you must notify WestJet at least 24 hours before departure or while booking your flight.
- The airline charges around between $50 and $100 each way for bringing Westjet pets on board, and only one pet per passenger is allowed.
- When you arrive at the airport, ensure to check in with verification of your pet’s travel information.
- Remember that pets must remain in their carriers throughout the flight and should not be removed during any part.
- It’s also essential to note that if your furry companion becomes disruptive or aggressive during the flight, they may be removed from the cabin and transported as cargo instead. In this case, some extra fees and restrictions may apply.
Note: Pets can only travel in the cabin, and there are limits to how many pets can be on a flight. It’s important to know the WestJet Dog Policy for transporting pets during hot or cold weather, as well as restrictions on pet carriers and equipment.
Does this airline policy allow WestJet Pet Cargo Travel?
If you are planning to travel with your pet, WestJet Airlines is a great option for WestJet pet cargo booking as they allow pets to fly in the cargo hold along with checked baggage. It means that even if you are not on board the plane, your furry friend will still be able to travel with WestJet.
It’s important to note that while cats, dogs, birds, guinea pigs, and rabbits are all welcome in the WestJet cargo pet hold of WestJet flights, they must be transported in a safe carrier. For more information, you can contact Westjet cargo pets phone number.
- It is also good to keep in mind that the kennel your animal is traveling in counts towards your check-in baggage allowance.
- If you plan on bringing clothes or other items as part of your checked luggage, it’s possible that additional fees may apply.
- The cost of transporting your pet with WestJet varies depending on where you’re traveling to. However, generally speaking, pet owners can expect to pay WestJet pet shipping cost between $100 and $200 for their furry friends’ transportation needs.
How many Animals are on a flight?
When it comes to traveling with your furry friend, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. By taking these steps and being proactive about communicating with your airline beforehand, you can help ensure a smooth Westjet pet travel for yourself and your furry companion!
One of the most important is informing the airline that you will travel with an animal. This is because WestJet Pet Policy has quotas for the number of animals allowed on their flights, which can vary depending on factors such as the type of aircraft and time of year.
For example, if you plan to travel aboard a Boeing 737-600 with your pet, only four pet kennels are allowed in-cabin. During the peak holiday season (December and January), no kennels are accepted in the checked baggage compartment. To avoid any mixups or surprises when it comes to bringing your beloved pet along for the ride, it’s always best to call WestJet ahead of time and double-check what restrictions may apply.
It’s worth noting that these restrictions don’t apply to service animals or Westjet emotional support animals. However, even so, it’s still important to inform cabin crew about their presence on board before takeoff.
Significant Facts about WestJet Emotional Support Animals and Service Animals
One of the most vital things to consider when traveling with a mental health or emotional disability is whether you can bring your support animal with you. Fortunately, WestJet Pet policy is accommodating and allows individuals to fly with their furry companions.
The airline permits dogs, cats, some birds, and rabbits in the passenger cabin as long as they are kept inside a carrier at all times during the flight. These animals will stay at your feet on the floor throughout your journey.
These carry-on pets offer great comfort for those who need them while flying. However, if you have an emotional support dog that is smaller than a two-year-old child, then they can travel on your lap instead. This exception makes it easier for you and your furry friend to feel comfortable during transit.
One thing that sets WestJet apart from other airlines is that they do not charge pet fees for emotional support animals. Nonetheless, it’s still important to contact them ahead of time so that they can make arrangements for your ESA aboard their aircraft.
Service animals are a special category of pets that enjoy unique privileges, especially when it comes to air travel. Service dogs, in particular, can accompany their owners on both international and domestic flights without the need for a carrier or kennel. This is because they provide essential assistance to people with disabilities, such as guiding the blind or alerting deaf individuals to sounds.
However, while service dogs may not require physical restraints during the flight, it is still advisable to carry them along as a precautionary measure. For instance, you may want to bring a muzzle and leash in case your dog becomes agitated or restless during the journey.
Another advantage of traveling with service animals is that they can fly free of charge. However, it’s important to note that airlines typically require at least 48 hours notice before departure if you plan on bringing your service animal onboard. It allows them enough time to make necessary arrangements and ensure that everything runs smoothly throughout your flight.
Service animals are highly valued companions who play an essential role in assisting people with disabilities. They deserve all the perks and privileges accorded to them during air travel so that they can continue providing invaluable support wherever they go.
What is the WestJet Pet Fee?
- If you are traveling within or between Canada and the United States, you will be required to pay a pet fee ranging from $50 to $59 CAD/USD depending on your airline carrier. This fee may vary depending on whether your flight is domestic or international.
- For those traveling outside North America (i.e., destinations outside of Canada/U.S.), expect a higher pet fee ranging from $100-$118 CAD/USD. It is always best practice to check with the airline for their specific WestJet Pet policy regarding pets before booking any flights.
It’s also essential that you properly prepare for air travel with your pet by ensuring they have all necessary vaccinations and documentation, as well as Westjet pet carrier dimensions or crates that meet Westjet pet regulations. By following these guidelines, you and your furry companion can enjoy a stress-free journey together!
How to book or request WestJet Flying With Pets Online?
Below are the important steps to know how to request WestJet Flying With Pets through an online booking system.
- To book a flight, visit the website(www.westjet.com) and choose “Book a Flight.”
- After that, provide the details of your travel, including arrival and departure dates, number of people, and cities.
- To travel with a pet, choose the appropriate option on the passenger information page and provide details such as breed, weight, size, and Westjet approved pet carriers.
- Continue booking and then pay.
- Once you book your pet’s travel arrangements, a confirmation email with the necessary details will be sent to you.
If you are someone who wants to travel with your furry friend, then you’ll be happy to know that WestJet Pet Policy is a better pet-friendly policy than others. It means that pets can accompany their owners either in the cabin or cargo hold. However, it’s necessary to keep in mind that there are certain guidelines and Westjet pet carrier requirements set by the airline company, which must be followed before boarding with your pet.
Overall, if you want peace of mind knowing that your beloved pet can accompany you on your travels without any issues or complications – consider flying with WestJet!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – WestJet Pet Policy
The carrier dimensions for pets on WestJet Airlines are limited to 16″ L x 10″ W x 8.5″ H, with a maximum weight of 22 lbs. The carrier must be secure, have adequate ventilation, and a waterproof bottom, and the pet’s head cannot extend from it.
WestJet allows pets to travel in the cabin as long as they remain in a kennel stored under the seat. If a pet is removed from its kennel during the flight, the owner may be banned from future WestJet flights with their pet.
According to WestJet pet rules, WestJet Airlines allows passengers to bring one pet per adult on their flights, but customers must notify the airline of their intention to travel with a dog or cat and make reservations by phone rather than online.
Yes, Animals flown in the cargo area of WestJet airplanes are generally safe, but some are killed, injured, or lost each year due to factors such as extreme temperatures and rough handling.
To bring a pet on Westjet Airlines, owners need to show proof of vaccination records and health certificates during check-in.