Welcome to the guide on Aer Lingus infant policy. Navigating travel with a little one can be challenging, but understanding the airline’s guidelines makes the journey smoother. Aer Lingus prioritizes the comfort and safety of your infants, and in this blog, we’ll explore the essentials of their policy. From age restrictions to seating arrangements, we’ll cover the key details to ensure you’re well-informed before your flight.
Knowing Aer Lingus’ infant policy will help you plan for a hassle-free and enjoyable trip, whether you’re a first-time parent or a seasoned traveler with your baby. In this blog, we will simplify the information, making it easy for you to focus on the excitement of traveling with your little one on Aer Lingus.
In this post
Insights Into Aer Lingus Infant Policy
With its commitment to passenger comfort and safety, Aer Lingus has a thoughtfully designed infant policy to facilitate smooth travel for families. Infants, defined as children under two years old, travel for a reduced fare, typically sitting on an adult’s lap. However, families can purchase a separate seat for the infant at a child’s fare, providing a dedicated space for added convenience.
Regarding age restrictions, Aer Lingus recognizes the importance of ensuring the well-being of the youngest travelers. Infants aged 14 days to 2 years are eligible for the infant fare, with specific guidelines for those under 7 days old. The airline recommends consulting medical professionals for clearance before flying with newborns.
Seating arrangements for families with infants are carefully considered. While infants on lap travel for a reduced fare, those in a dedicated seat enjoy additional benefits such as a separate baggage allowance and the convenience of using an approved car seat. This ensures a secure and comfortable space for the infant and accompanying adults.
Aer Lingus strives to accommodate families by providing bassinets on long-haul flights, subject to availability. These bassinets offer a cozy space for infants to rest during the journey, contributing to a more relaxed travel experience for parents and little ones.
For added convenience, the airline allows the carriage of essential baby items, such as strollers and car seats, free of charge. This policy aims to ease the logistical challenges of traveling with infants, acknowledging the necessity of these items for parents.
Thus, Aer Lingus infant policy reflects a commitment to creating a family-friendly travel environment. By addressing the specific needs of parents and infants, from seating arrangements to amenities, the airline ensures that families can enjoy a comfortable and worry-free journey together.
Benefits of Aer Lingus Flying With Infant
Flying with an infant can be a challenging experience, but Aer Lingus goes the extra mile to ensure that families with young children have a smooth and comfortable journey. Here are some key benefits of flying with Aer Lingus when you have an infant:
- Reduced Fare for Infants: Aer Lingus offers a reduced fare for infants under the age of two. While infants can travel on an adult’s lap at a lower cost, families also have the option to purchase a separate seat for the infant at a child’s fare. This flexibility allows parents to choose the most suitable option for their travel needs.
- Dedicated Seating Options: Families flying with infants can opt for dedicated seating arrangements. While infants on an adult’s lap travel at a reduced fare, those in a separate seat enjoy additional benefits, including a separate baggage allowance and the option to use an approved car seat for added safety and comfort.
- Bassinets on Long-Haul Flights: Recognizing the importance of a comfortable and secure space for infants during long-haul flights, Aer Lingus provides bassinets. These are available on a first-come, first-served basis, allowing infants to rest more comfortably during the journey and giving parents the convenience of a designated space for their little ones.
- Special Considerations for Newborns: Aer Lingus acknowledges the unique needs of newborns and provides specific guidelines for infants aged 14 days to 2 years. The airline recommends consulting with medical professionals for clearance before flying with newborns under 7 days old, demonstrating a commitment to the well-being of the youngest passengers.
- Convenient Carriage of Baby Items: Aer Lingus understands the logistical challenges of traveling with infants and allows the free carriage of essential baby items, including strollers and car seats. This policy aims to simplify the travel experience for parents by ensuring they can bring necessary items for their child without incurring additional charges.
- Family-Friendly Policies: Aer Lingus’s overall approach reflects a commitment to being family-friendly. By addressing the specific needs of parents and infants, from seating arrangements to in-flight amenities, the airline strives to create an environment where families can travel together comfortably.
Aer Lingus provides various benefits for families flying with infants, recognizing the unique challenges and considerations of traveling with young children. Whether through reduced fares, dedicated seating options, or amenities like bassinets, the airline aims to make the journey as pleasant as possible for parents and their little ones.
How to Make Booking for Aer Lingus Infant Flying with Parents?
Booking a flight for an infant flying with parents on Aer Lingus involves a straightforward process considering the specific needs of families traveling with young children. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make a booking for an Aer Lingus infant flying with parents:
- Visit the Aer Lingus Website: Start by visiting the official Aer Lingus website. The user-friendly interface allows you to navigate through the booking process easily.
- Enter Travel Details: Enter your travel details, including departure and arrival airports, travel dates, and the number of passengers. Indicate the number of adults, children, and infants (those under two) accompanying you.
- Select Flight Options: Aer Lingus provides options for one-way or round-trip flights. Choose the option that suits your travel itinerary. Additionally, specify your preferences, such as direct flights or flights with specific layovers.
- Choose Infant Seating Preference: Indicate whether you plan to have your infant on your lap during the flight or if you prefer to purchase a separate seat for the child. Aer Lingus offers reduced fares for infants traveling on an adult’s lap, and families can also opt for a dedicated seat at a child fare.
- Select Additional Services: Aer Lingus allows you to add extra services during the booking process. If you wish to avail yourself of a separate seat for your infant, you can do so at this stage. Additionally, consider adding other services or amenities to enhance your travel experience.
- Review and Confirm: Carefully review the information you’ve entered, including passenger details, flight options, and seating preferences. Ensure that all the information is accurate before proceeding.
- Provide Passenger Details: Enter the required passenger details, including names, contact information, and other necessary information. Make sure to provide accurate information, as this is crucial for the booking process.
- Payment: Proceed to the payment section to finalize your booking. Aer Lingus accepts various payment methods, including credit/debit cards. Complete the transaction by entering the relevant payment details.
- Receive Booking Confirmation: You will receive a booking confirmation once the payment is processed. This confirmation typically includes important details such as your flight itinerary, booking reference number, and any additional information relevant to your travel.
- Contact Aer Lingus Customer Service (Optional): If you have specific requests or questions regarding your infant’s travel, consider reaching out to Aer Lingus customer service. They can provide additional assistance and information to ensure a smooth experience for you and your infant. Also, they can also help with cancellation requests.
Booking a flight for an Aer Lingus infant flying with parents involves specifying seating preferences, reviewing details carefully, and completing the transaction through the airline’s official website. The airline’s commitment to accommodating families with infants is reflected in the various options and services provided during the booking process.
In Cabin Facilities of Aer Lingus Infant Policy
Aer Lingus recognizes the importance of providing a comfortable and secure environment for infants traveling with their parents. As part of Aer Lingus’ infant policy, the in-cabin facilities are designed to cater to the unique needs of families with young children, ensuring a smooth and enjoyable journey for parents and infants.
- Bassinets on Long-Haul Flights: Aer Lingus offers bassinets for long-haul flights to accommodate infants during the journey. These bassinets provide a dedicated space for infants to rest, allowing parents to have hands-free time and ensuring the little ones are comfortable throughout the flight. It’s important to note that bassinets are subject to availability and are usually offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Dedicated Seating Options: Aer Lingus provides dedicated seating options for families with infants. While infants traveling on an adult’s lap benefit from reduced fares, families also have the option to purchase a separate seat for the infant at a child’s fare. This option allows for more flexibility and comfort, especially on longer flights, and includes additional perks such as a separate baggage allowance.
- Carriage of Essential Baby Items: Parents flying with infants on Aer Lingus can bring essential baby items, such as strollers and car seats, free of charge. This policy is in place to ease the travel experience for families, allowing them to bring necessary items without incurring additional costs. This is particularly beneficial for parents who rely on strollers for mobility within the airport.
- Infant Seat Belt: Aer Lingus provides infant seat belts to enhance the safety of infants during the flight. These seat belts are designed to secure infants comfortably on an adult’s lap, ensuring they are safely fastened during takeoff, landing, and periods of turbulence.
- Amenities for Young Travelers: While Aer Lingus does not specify in-flight amenities exclusively for infants, the airline generally offers a family-friendly environment. Flight attendants are available to assist parents with any additional needs, and the airline’s commitment to providing a welcoming atmosphere for families ensures that parents and infants alike have a positive travel experience.
- Pre-Boarding Option: Aer Lingus typically allows families with infants to pre-board, giving them extra time to settle into their seats and stow away essential items. This helps create a more relaxed boarding process for parents, allowing them to attend to their infant’s needs without the rush of the general boarding process.
As part of the infant policy, Aer Lingus’ in-cabin facilities aim to create a family-friendly travel experience. From bassinets to dedicated seating options and the carriage of essential baby items, the airline considers the unique needs of families with infants, contributing to a more comfortable and stress-free journey for parents and their little ones.
Things to Avoid While Traveling with Infant in Aer Lingus
When traveling with an infant on Aer Lingus, it’s essential to be mindful of certain considerations to ensure a smooth and enjoyable journey for both the parents and the little one. Here are key things to avoid:
- Neglecting to Familiarize Yourself with Infant Policies: Avoid surprises by thoroughly understanding Aer Lingus’ infant policy. Pay attention to age restrictions, seating options, and any specific guidelines to ensure you comply with the airline’s regulations.
- Missing Pre-Boarding Opportunities: Don’t skip the pre-boarding option for families with infants. Arriving early allows you to board before the general crowd, providing extra time to settle in, stow away essential items, and attend to your infant’s needs without the rush.
- Overpacking Unnecessary Items: While it’s important to have baby essentials, avoid overpacking. Aer Lingus allows free carriage of necessary baby items, so prioritize what you need to streamline the travel process.
- Ignoring Seat Selection Considerations: Don’t disregard the importance of selecting the right seat for your family. Whether opting for an infant on your lap or purchasing a separate seat, thoughtful seat selection can contribute to a more comfortable journey.
- Forgetting Important Documents: Double-check that you have all necessary documents for your infant, including passports and any required medical clearances. Missing paperwork can lead to delays and complications during check-in and security procedures.
- Disregarding In-Flight Safety Guidelines: Pay close attention to in-flight safety guidelines, particularly those related to using infant seat belts and bassinets. Following these guidelines ensures the safety and well-being of your infant throughout the flight.
By avoiding these pitfalls and being well-prepared, you can enhance your and your infant’s overall travel experience. Thoughtful planning and adherence to guidelines contribute to a stress-free journey with Aer Lingus.
Aer Lingus infant policy is designed with the comfort and safety of families in mind. By offering reduced fares, dedicated seating options, and in-cabin facilities like bassinets, the airline strives to create a family-friendly travel experience. Travelers should familiarize themselves with the policy, make informed decisions about seating preferences, and take advantage of pre-boarding opportunities for a smoother journey. With a commitment to accommodating families with infants, Aer Lingus ensures that parents and little ones can travel together easily, making the journey a positive and enjoyable experience.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)- Aer Lingus Infant Policy
Aer Lingus allows the free carriage of essential baby items, including strollers.
Bassinets are provided on long-haul flights, subject to availability on a first-come, first-served basis.
Aer Lingus offers the option to purchase a separate seat for infants at a child fare.
Aer Lingus typically allows families with infants to pre-board for a more relaxed boarding process.
Aer Lingus considers infants to be children under two years old, with specific guidelines for newborns.
While specific infant amenities are not mentioned, Aer Lingus aims to create a family-friendly environment with accommodating in-cabin facilities. Bringing essential items for your infant is recommended, and flight attendants are available to assist with any additional needs.