Traveling with an infant can be exciting and challenging, especially when understanding the airline’s policies and procedures. Emirates, one of the world’s leading airlines, has a well-defined infant policy to make the journey more comfortable and safe for babies and their parents. Their well-crafted Infant Policy is intended to ensure a safe, comfortable, and stress-free trip for both infants and their parents.
From ticketing and seating to onboard amenities and health considerations, Emirates goes the extra mile to provide a seamless travel experience for your little ones. In this article, we will delve into the details of Emirates’ Infant Policy, offering a comprehensive guide to help you embark on unforgettable adventures with your precious bundle of joy.
In this post
Overview of the Emirates Infant Policy
Renowned for its exceptional service and commitment to passenger comfort, Emirates has a well-defined Infant Policy to cater to families traveling with infants. This policy ensures parents and their little ones can travel conveniently and safely. Also, go through the booking or cancellation process easily. Here’s an overview of the critical aspects of the Emirates Infant Policy:
- Definition of an Infant: Emirates considers an infant as any child who has yet to reach their second birthday (i.e., 0-23 months) on the travel date. Children who have reached the age of two or older must have their seats and must travel as children or adults.
- Infant Ticketing: Emirates offers special fares for infants traveling on their parent’s lap, known as “infant-in-arms.” The infant fare is usually a percentage of the adult fare and can vary based on the route and destination.
- Booking an Infant’s Ticket: Parents or guardians need to contact Emirates directly or their authorized agents to book an infant’s flight ticket. Online booking systems typically do not allow booking for infants.
- Infant Baggage Allowance: Infants traveling on an infant fare are allowed one piece of carry-on baggage with a maximum weight of 10 kg (22 lbs) and dimensions not exceeding 55 x 38 x 20 cm (22 x 15 x 8 inches). Essential baby items such as a diaper bag, baby food, and a fully collapsible stroller can be checked free of charge.
- Seating for Infants: Infants traveling on their parent’s lap do not have a dedicated seat. However, parents can request a bassinet seat, subject to availability, suitable for infants up to approximately eight months old and weighing up to 11 kg (24 lbs).
- Onboard Amenities for Infants: Emirates strives to make the journey comfortable for infants and their parents. On long-haul flights, the airline provides infant amenity kits, which may include diapers, wipes, bibs, and baby lotion. The in-flight entertainment system also offers a selection of children’s shows and cartoons.
- Feeding Facilities: Emirates assists parents with heating baby food and milk during the flight. Passengers can request hot water in warm bottles or food jars.
- Health and Safety Considerations: Traveling with infants requires special attention to health and safety. It is advisable to consult a pediatrician before traveling to get appropriate vaccinations and health advice.
- Document Requirements: Parents or guardians traveling with infants should ensure they have all the necessary travel documents, such as passports and visas, for themselves and the infant.
Benefits of Emirates Airlines Infant Policy
Availing Emirates Infant Policy offers numerous benefits to parents and their little ones, making the travel experience more convenient, comfortable, and enjoyable. Let’s explore some of the key benefits of using Emirates’ Infant Policy:
- Cost-Effective Infant Fares: Emirates offers special infant fares for children traveling on their parent’s lap. These fares are typically a percentage of the adult fare, making air travel more affordable for families with young children.
- In-Flight Comfort: Emirates provides bassinet seats for infants, subject to availability. These seats allow parents to secure their little ones in a specially designed cradle attached to the cabin wall, providing a comfortable and safe sleeping environment during the flight.
- Generous Baggage Allowance: Infants traveling on an infant fare are entitled to a carry-on baggage allowance of up to 10 kg (22 lbs). Additionally, parents can carry essential baby items, such as a diaper bag, baby food, and a fully collapsible stroller, which can be checked in free of charge.
- In-Flight Amenities: On long-haul flights, Emirates offers infant amenity kits, including diapers, wipes, bibs, and baby lotion. The airline’s in-flight entertainment system also provides a selection of children’s shows and cartoons, keeping little ones entertained throughout the journey.
- Assistance with Feeding: Emirates flight attendants are trained to assist parents with heating baby food and milk during the flight. Hot water can be provided in warm bottles or food jars, making feeding onboard a more convenient experience.
- Safety and Security: Emirates prioritizes the safety and well-being of infants during the journey. By providing bassinet seats and assisting with baby essentials, parents can have peace of mind knowing that their little ones are comfortable and secure throughout the flight.
- Creating Memorable Journeys: By availing of Emirates Infant Policy, families can create beautiful memories of their travel adventures with their little ones. The airline’s commitment to providing a seamless and enjoyable journey lets parents focus on cherishing every moment with their precious bundle of joy.
What Should all the Parents do Before Traveling with an Infant in the Emirates?
Traveling with an infant requires careful preparation and planning to ensure a smooth and enjoyable journey. Here are some essential steps that parents should take before traveling with an infant on Emirates:
- Booking and Ticketing: Book the infant’s ticket early through Emirates’ dedicated channels or authorized agents. Ensure that all travel details, including the infant’s age, are provided accurately during the booking process.
- Check Passport and Visa Requirements: Ensure that both the parent’s and infant’s passports are valid for the duration of the trip. Check the visa requirements for the destination country and obtain the necessary visas for all travelers.
- Consult a Pediatrician: Schedule a visit to the pediatrician before the journey to get appropriate health advice and vaccinations for the infant. If required, obtain a letter from the doctor detailing any necessary medications or medical conditions.
- Pack Essential Baby Items: Pack all necessary baby essentials, including diapers, wipes, food, formula, bottles, pacifiers, baby clothing, blankets, and comfort toys. Carry enough supplies to last the duration of the journey, considering possible delays or layovers.
- Prepare a Diaper Bag: Organize a well-stocked diaper bag with all essential items for easy access during the flight. Include diapers, wipes, changing pads, a change of clothes, and any medication needed.
- Carry-On Baggage: Familiarize yourself with Emirates baggage policy for infants. Pack the allowed carry-on baggage for the infant and a fully collapsible stroller, if needed.
- Request a Bassinet Seat: Request a seat during the booking process. Bassinet seats provide a comfortable place for the infant to sleep during the flight.
- Keep Baby Comfortable: Dress the baby in comfortable and layered clothing to accommodate temperature changes on the plane. Bring a lightweight blanket for added warmth.
- Feeding and Hydration: Consider potential delays in carrying enough baby food and formula for the entire journey. During the flight, ensure the infant is well-hydrated and offer feeding during take-off and landing to help with ear pressure.
- Entertainment: Bring age-appropriate toys, books, and comfort items to entertain the baby during the flight.
- Arrive Early at the Airport: Plan to arrive early for extra check-in, security, and boarding time. This will help reduce stress and allow for any unexpected delays.
- Stay Calm and Patient: Traveling with an infant can be challenging, so parents must remain calm and patient throughout the journey. Babies can sense stress, and parents’ quiet demeanor can help keep them comfortable and relaxed.
How to Add an Infant to an Emirates Flight?
Adding infants to an Emirates flight booking is a straightforward process. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you through the process:
- Open your web browser and go to the official Emirates website: www.emirates.com.
- On the Emirates homepage, enter your departure city, destination, travel dates, and the number of passengers. Make sure to include the infant in the total number of passengers.
- After entering the required information, click the “Search Flights” or “Find Flights” button to see the available flight options.
- Browse through the list of available flights and select the one that suits your schedule and preferences.
- On the passenger details page, provide the required information for each passenger, including the infant. You will need to enter the infant’s full name and date of birth.
- If you wish to request a bassinet seat for the infant, check the availability of bassinet seats on the seat selection page. Select the desired seat for the adult passenger and indicate your preference for a bassinet seat if available.
- Review all the passenger details, flight itinerary, and fare breakdown. Once you are satisfied with the information provided, complete the booking.
- During the booking process, Emirates will automatically calculate and add the infant fare, typically a percentage of the adult fare. The exact infant fare will vary based on the route and destination.
- Enter the payment details and proceed with the payment process to confirm the booking. Once the payment is successful, you will receive a booking confirmation via email.
- If you require special assistance for traveling with the infant, such as a stroller, wheelchair, or help at the airport, you can request these services during the booking process or by contacting Emirates customer service.
Insights About the Emirates Baggage Policy for Infants
Emirates infant baggage policy is designed to provide convenience and flexibility for parents traveling with young children. Here are some critical insights about Emirates baggage policy for infants:
- Carry-On Baggage: Infants traveling on an infant fare are entitled to one piece of carry-on baggage with a maximum weight of 10 kg (22 lbs) and dimensions not exceeding 55 x 38 x 20 cm (22 x 15 x 8 inches). This carry-on allowance allows parents to bring essential items for the baby during the flight.
- Checked Baggage: Infants traveling on an infant fare have no checked baggage allowance. However, parents can freely check in fully collapsible strollers and car seats. These items are not considered part of the regular checked baggage allowance.
- Diaper Bag: Besides the carry-on baggage allowance, parents can carry a fully stocked diaper bag onboard without counting towards their own or the infant’s carry-on allowance. This gives parents easy access to diapers, wipes, and other baby essentials during the flight.
- Checked Baby Equipment: Apart from strollers and car seats, parents can also check other necessary baby equipment, such as portable cots or bassinets, free of charge. These items can be carried in addition to the adult’s regular checked baggage allowance.
- Formula, Baby Food, and Milk: Parents can bring baby formula, baby food, and breast milk in quantities exceeding the standard liquid restrictions for carry-on items. These items are permitted in reasonable amounts and are not subject to the usual limits on liquids.
- Bassinet Seats: Parents can request infant bassinet seats, subject to availability. Bassinet seats provide comfortable sleeping space for the baby during the flight and are suitable for infants up to approximately eight months old and weighing up to 11 kg (24 lbs).
- Baby Items in the Cabin: Parents can bring essential baby items, such as diapers, wipes, lotion, baby blankets, and baby food, into the cabin. These items are not subject to the usual restrictions on liquids and can be carried onboard.
- Diaper Changing Facilities: Emirates flights are equipped with diaper-changing facilities in the lavatories, making it easier for parents to change their baby’s diapers during the flight.
Emirates infant policy is thoughtfully designed to cater to the needs of parents and their little ones, making air travel a comfortable and enjoyable experience. From booking an infant’s ticket to providing in-flight amenities and facilities, Emirates strives to accommodate the needs of families traveling with young children. Following the guidelines and tips outlined in this article, parents can ensure a stress-free journey and create lasting memories with their precious bundle of joy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Emirates Infant Policy
Yes, all passengers, including infants, require a passport for international travel. Ensure that both the parent’s and infant’s passports are valid for the duration of the trip.
Parents are allowed to bring a car seat for their infant on board the flight, subject to certain regulations. The car seat must meet specific safety standards and be approved for use on an aircraft. It can be used for the infant if a separate seat has been purchased for them.
Parents can bring a fully collapsible stroller on board for their infant. The stroller should fold easily and fit within the allowed carry-on baggage dimensions.
Parents can bring a breast pump on board as carry-on baggage. It is not counted towards the carry-on baggage allowance, and you can also bring expressed breast milk in reasonable quantities.
There are no specific restrictions on the type of baby food you can bring on board. However, bringing commercially sealed baby food and formula is advisable for convenience and compliance with airport security regulations.