Planning for your minors trip alone is easy with Emirates Unaccompanied Minor Policy in state. Emirates understands and cares for your child’s safety throughout the journey. Emirates provide service like emirates minor assistance to accompany your child during check-in, during flight journey and during arrivals till child is handed over to the parent/guardian waiting at the destination. Weather you are wondering about unaccompanied minor fee, does emirates allow unaccompanied minors, minor booking all of this is covered in this article.
In this post
Can your child fly as an unaccompanied minor?
When a child travels alone without the presence of a parent or legal guardian then that child is an unaccompanied minor. If your child is seated in a different class then yours , then in those cases as well it is traveling as an unaccompanied minor. Emirates provides emirates airlines unaccompanied minor service to children flying between the games of 5 and 11 years of old.
This service can be extended to children between the ages of 12 till 15 years old on the request of their parent or guardian. Emirates minor policy is also applicable to children who are traveling in different class then their parent or legal guardian on board. If you child falls under any of the ages mentioned above then he/she can fly as an unaccompanied minor with emirates airlines.
Emirates Unaccompanied Minor Policy Rules
Before you make your child’s travel plans with Emirates airline, it is essential to know the airline’s rules and regulations and services they provide for unaccompanied minors. Below listed are the rules:
- Emirates unaccompanied minors are provided with a staff that is dedicated to assisting them with check-in facilities on departure.
- It is recommended to bring your child at least 2 hours prior to your flight departure.
- Unaccompanied Minors get special boarding and cabin crew help them with their baggage storage.
- You can place a special request with Emirates staff and if time permits they will happily click your child’s polaroid on board.
- On arrival at the destination, a staff member meets with your child and stays with them till all the formalities are done before handing them over to the guardian or parent present.
- At the time of booking you can make requests regarding what kind of seat and meal your child prefers and arrangements for the same will be made. Emirates goes a step beyond and even prepares a cake if your child is traveling on his or her birthday.
- It is essential to make emirates unaccompanied minor booking at least 12 hours before the flight departure.
- Parents and legal guardians are needed to submit a declaration that is emirates unaccompanied minor form before their flight.
- At the arrival destination, the parent or legal guardian present must provide with valid proof of identification before the child is handed over to them.
- When the minor has a connecting flight to another airline then the maximum connection time allowed at the airport is 4 hours.
- The maximum connection time is 8 hours, When the minor is transferring to another Emirates flight at Dubai International .If it is above 8 hours, this will be subject to approval from Emirates Airline.
How much is Emirates Unaccompanied Minor Fee?
If you are wondering how much does it cost to fly your child with Emirates Airline then look no more. Here you will get all your answers. Unaccompanied minors traveling with Emirates airlines are charged a full adult fare. Also minors traveling in different seats or class from their accompanying passenger are considered as unaccompanied minors and fee charged will be full adult fare. As per your request emirates Unaccompanied Minors service can be provided for children between the ages of 12 to 15 years old for a fee of $50 for one way of the minor’s journey.
Documents Required for Emirates Minor Traveling Alone
Identification is an essential part when you plan to travel.It is very important that your minor’s name matches with the one present on their identification proof carried while they travel.Here is what you need to make sure while bringing the documentation of your minor for a hassle free and enjoyable journey for them.
- It is very important that your minor has a passport and you bring and submit it with the airline staff.
- Birth certificate of your child as well as health certificate of your child stating that they are fit to travel are also required.
- Parents or legal guardians whoever is present with the child at the airport need to provide legal documents regarding their identification.
- It is essential that a signed Emirates unaccompanied minor form must be submitted to the airline by the parent or legal guardian.
- Parent or legal guardian present at the destination airport must have identification proof with them before the unaccompanied minor can be handed over to them.
Emirates Unaccompanied Minor Booking
Are you wondering how you can make a booking for your child? Then read ahead. Emirates Airlines allows you to make bookings online as well as offline. You can call the Airline customer care and ask them for assistance in making your child bookings. Additionally, you can visit the nearby Emirates office and make your bookings or cancellations there. Alternatively it can also be done online via Live chat feature on the official Emirates website(www.emirates.com). One done you will get confirmation on your mail for the same.
It takes a lot of consideration while planning a safe journey for your child. Emirates bring all your worries at rest with the help of their emirates airlines unaccompanied minor policy in place. This policy answers your queries regarding emirates unaccompanied minor fee, minor age, how to make minor booking, does emirates allow unaccompanied minors and much more. This article is a one stop for parent or legal guardians planning their minors trip with Emirates airline.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Emirates Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Emirates minor traveling alone with the age group of 5 to 11 are mandatory to fly as unaccompanied minors with the Emirates airline.
Emirates Airlines suggests that one guardian or parent accompany the child at the boarding gate and is suggested to stay at the airport till flight departure for Emirates minor assistance.
Parent or legal guardian can find emirates unaccompanied minor form at the emirates airport counter only.
Unaccompanied minors emirates are entitled to the same baggage allowance as an adult flying with Emirates Airline.