Air Traveling can be stressful enough adding an infant to the mix means adding extra things to your planning. Frontier Infant Policy is in place to make sure while you plan a journey with your infant everything you could possibly think of is already answered in detail with this policy. Questions like what will be the flight ticket charge? What happens Flight cancellation happens and do I get my money back? What is the baggage policy for infants? What is the infant age limit to travel? What happens if your child’s age changes during air travel? When can I check in an infant at the airport frontier? Can I buy a different seat for my infant? Does frontier airline charge for infant car seat? Are answered in this article so that frontier traveling with infant can be a memorable one for you.
In this post
Frontier Infant Policy Rules
In frontier flying with infant becomes easy once you know in advance what your airline infant policies are and it allows you to plan your trip peaceful.It just works as an advantage if you have an idea about what you can carry with your infant and what services will be at your disposal on board or at the airport.Here are the Frontier lap Infant policy rules listed below:
- Infants that are newborn and aged up to 7 days cannot be accepted for travel on any Frontier Airlines flights.
- Infants that are aged between 8 days to 23 months and are traveling with Frontier Airlines must be accompanied by a passenger aged 15 or over.
- As per Frontier Airlines add lap infant policy an infant can be added to the reservation while the initial booking is made by the passenger. There can only be one infant per adult traveling with Spirit Airlines.
- An infant can be carried on lap throughout the flight or they can opt for a separate seat for the infant for a fee. Adults that are traveling with infants must sit at a window seat as there are 2 oxygen masks provided above these selected seats.
- Each passenger is allowed to hold only one frontier airlines lap child, a ticket must be purchased for a second infant who must be secured in a car seat occupying a separate seat.
- Passengers traveling with frontier infant in lap may not sit in any seat that has an airbag seatbelt installed. Two adults with two lap children cannot sit in the same side of a row because there are only four oxygen masks per every three seats.
- If an infant reaches the age of 2 years before their return flight, then travelers must pay the full fare for that return flight only.
Frontier Infant Baggage Allowance
Isn’t it convenient to know in advance what you can bring on board along your infants after all Infants are travelers too so the airline has a baggage policy for them too.Here are the Frontier airlines baggage policy for infants listed below that will make spirit flying with infant smoother:
- Accompanied passenger can carry a diaper bag in addition to their personal item on board when traveling with an infant
- Air-travel-approved child restraint devices may be carried on board only if they have Department of Transportation (DOT) labels. If there are no such labels they will be accepted as checked baggage only.
- Strollers may be used to transport your child to the gate but must be gate-checked in the departing city. At your final destination, the stroller will be returned to the gate.
Frontier Infant Seat Policy
As per frontier airlines infant travel policy for times when you have booked a seat for your infant you need to make sure to carry a car seat to make sure your infant is comfortable and safe in their seats. There are however some things to keep in mind:
- It is important to use an approved car seat on the plane and Frontier Airlines allows the AMSafe Aviation C.A.R.E.S. child harness device, with the label indicating FAA approval, to be used onboard for children weighing 22-44 pounds.
- Frontier seat widths vary depending on the size of the aircraft. Minimum seat widths on the A319 and A320 are 17.4” and on A321 minimum seat widths are 16.5”. So while getting a child seat you can keep these dimensions in mind.
- Car seats cannot be placed in emergency exit rows, or in the rows directly in front of or behind emergency exit rows, or in the very first row. It is suggested to place car seats in window seats so they do not impede access to the aisle by other passengers.
Amenities provided by Frontier Airlines
Frontier offers the following amenities listed below to the passengers traveling with an infant:
- Courtesy Boarding is provided to passengers traveling with infants whenever your aircraft is parked at a boarding bridge, to give you more time to stow your baggage and take your seats.
- Fun Flight Activities such as flight certificates, fun with maps and activity pages are provided by the airline.
It can be tough traveling with an infant and frontier Airlines understands the need for extra bags required for an infant such as a diaper bag or how important it is to have a meal for the infant on board. So everything is detailed in this frontier airline infant policy article to give passengers a clear understanding of the frontier airlines infant rules, frontier infant baggage policy, frontier airlines lap infant policy and your questions like how do I add an infant to my frontier flight? How to add lap infant frontier? How much is Frontier airlines traveling with infant? Can I carry an infant seat on frontier? This makes it easier for passengers to plan accordingly so that they can make it a memorable journey for themselves and their infant. Be it their safety or comfort everything is thought out well and the trained support staff is always there to help and guide you during your journey.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs) – Frontier Airlines Infant Policy
It is simple when making your bookings, you need to select Infant in the drop-down menu when choosing passenger type.
Yes frontier airline allows infants to fly free of charge on the lap of the accompanying adult.
Yes in frontier airlines flying with infant is free of charge but for some international flights there might be some charge based on the distance traveled.
Yes infants need their own boarding pass as well as their own passports to travel with Frontier Airline.
Yes, you can book an extra seat with the airline but only when using a child restraint or a car seat which has approval for use on an aircraft with a 5 point harness.
No lap children or infant seats are allowed in an exit row. In fact, all passengers in an exit row must be at least 15 years of age. In addition, infant seats are not allowed in the row directly in front of or directly behind an exit.
Yes, a ticket will have to be purchased for any Frontier flight on which the infant will be over 2 years old.
No there is no fee charged by the Frontier Airline for carrying infant Car seat.