Is your child traveling alone with Tap Air Portugal? Are you worried about how comfortable the journey will be for the minor? Then you are at the right place. Tap Air Portugal Unaccompanied Minor Policy is in state to answer all your concerns and give clarity while planning your minors trip with the airline. Weather you are wondering about tap portugal unaccompanied minor fee, tap portugal minor miles into parents account, tap portugal unaccompanied minor for international travel all is covered in this article. Tap Air Portugal offers services such as tap portugal unaccompanied minor service and additional assistant service. This article is a one stop for parents or legal guardian planning their child’s trip with Tap Air Portugal.
In this post
What is an Unaccompanied Minor? Does your child qualify to Fly as one?
Tap Portugal minors who are flying alone without a parent or a legal guardian are called unaccompanied minors. Airlines provide assistance to the minor from boarding, during the journey till they reach their destination. If your child is flying in a different class then you, then also its called an Unaccompanied minor. Tap Air Portugal allows children with age 5 to age 11 to be traveled alone as tap portugal unaccompanied minors. Children of age 12 to age 17 can fly under this service optionally. If you wish to fly your child who is more than 3 months old and less than 5 years of age then they are not considered unaccompanied passengers but Tap personal companion service is provided. A Tap Portugal Employee will escort your child from the boarding procedures, during the flight and till the destination where the child will be handed over to the guardian or parent waiting upon verification.
Rules for Tap Air Portugal Unaccompanied Minor Travel
It is always better to know the rules and regulations before making flight bookings. So before you make bookings for your child with Tap Air Portugal, there are some rules you need to be aware of. Listed below are the rules for tap portugal unaccompanied minor travel:
- Tap Air Portugal does not allow minors under the age of 5 to travel with them as Unaccompanied Minor.
- Minors that are under 2 years need to travel with an adult or legal guardian of 18 years and above and that is capable of taking care of the minor throughout the journey.
- Passengers that are 16 years old can accompany a minor of age 5 up to 11 years old, only if he/she is declared the accompanied companion for the entire journey.
- If minors of age 2 till 4 years (inclusive) are traveling with another passenger aged between 12 and 15 years then they both travel as Unaccompanied Minors
- Minors of age 5 to 11 years traveling alone are Unaccompanied Minors.
- If your Child is 12 to 17 years then they may travel as Unaccompanied Minors as per the request of their parents or legal guardians
- A child traveling in a different cabin class then the Accompanying Passenger then the child is considered as an Unaccompanied Minor
- As per Tap Portugal Unaccompanied Minor policy waiting list bookings are not accepted for minors
- It is important to provide the airline with the name ,phone number and address of the person taking the minor to the airport and picking them up at the destination
- If there is a night stop on the flights connecting the child’s itinerary then Tap portugal unaccompanied minor service is not available.
- The unaccompanied minor traveling with the airline is under the same checked baggage allowance as adult passengers.
Additional Assistance Service
This service is provided to children who are under the age of 5 years old and up to 3 months and are to travel alone with TAP Air Portugal. There are certain conditions while this service is provided to make a better travel experience for the minor. Listen below are the conditions regarding Additional Assistance Service Provided:
- When you are making reservations for your minor then it is recommended that you must mention which language the minor speaks.
- It is important that Parents, legal guardians or someone who is authorized by them accompany the child to the airport and assist them with the check-in and other formalities and remain at the airport with them until the flight departs.
- It is important for Parents or legal guardians to get and fill the necessary tap Portugal unaccompanied minor form.
- Tap Air Portugal staff that will accompany your minor during the journey will occupy a seat, you will be charged for it as per tap portugal unaccompanied minor service fee.
- It is important that at the destination the parent or legal guardian waiting should be available with id proofs for verification.
What is the Unaccompanied Minor service fee charged?
This article about tap portugal unaccompanied minor fee answers your question about how much is the minor service at tap portugal? It’s always better when you know in advance what fee the airline will charge. It helps in planning the trip for your minor and make sure it is all hassle free for your child. While making bookings with Tap Air Portugal you need to notify the airline by calling their customer care and providing the airline with the name and number of the person who will accompany the child to the airport or the person who will pick the child up upon arrival. Fee charged by the airline is one way per unaccompanied minor. Table given below mentions fee charged based on different flight while making bookings.
|Flight Type||Direct Flight||With Connecting Flight|
|Europe,Morocco,Tunisia and flights between Accra and Sao Tome||90 EUR / 112 USD / 142 CAD||100 EUR / 124 USD / 157 CAD|
|Domestic Flights||65 EUR / 77 USD / 92 CAD||65 EUR / 77 USD / 92 CAD|
|Intercontinental Flights||130 EUR / 165 USD / 195 CAD||150 EUR / 185 USD / 235 CAD|
What Documents are required to travel as an unaccompanied minor?
It is essential to make sure you have a valid identity proof for your minor and provide the same to the airline. Here is what you need to know regarding the documentation needed for unaccompanied minor:
- Valid Identity proof is needed like Passport, Driver’s license, and Birth Certificate.
- It is essential to provide address proof of the destination to the airline.
- It is important to provide information like Name, Address, and Phone number of the legally responsible adult who will pick up the child at the destination airport.
- Make sure to fill and carry Tap Air Portugal unaccompanied minor form.
- Health certificate is also important
- Unaccompanied Child Transit Authorization Form is essential too.
- It is essential that a Notarized document is available with the guardian at the destination so that the airline can identify and only then handover the minor to the guardian.
Tap Air Portugal understands how important it is for the parent to ensure the security and comfort of their children when traveling alone. So they have unaccompanied minors tap portugal policy in place that covers up all your concerns be it how much is the minor service at tap portugal? How can you transfer tap Portugal minor miles into parents account?, Tap portugal unaccompanied minor for international travel fee and cancellations, tap portugal unaccompanied minor fees when there are two minors traveling. Parents or legal guardians can take a deep breath and trust Tap Air Portugal with the process. This article helps you understand tap air portugal unaccompanied minor policy in detail.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs) – Tap Air Portugal Unaccompanied Minor Policy
It can only be done at the airport counter or by calling airline customer care.
Children with the age group of 5 to 11 are mandatory to fly as unaccompanied minors with the airline.
As per requested by the legal guardian or parent, this service is provided to children for age 12 to age 17.
While requesting assistance service for your child you should specify the language the child speaks and the airline will take care of the same.
Yes, Minors under the age of 5 are not allowed to fly with Tap Air Portugal as unaccompanied minors.
Minors who wish to travel with Tap Air Portugal must travel with their passport, their visa and parent authorization form.