Is your child traveling alone for the first time? Are you worried about your child’s journey? Turkish Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy answers your queries regarding unaccompanied minor service policy, Turkish airlines unaccompanied minor service fee, The unaccompanied minor for international travel, Turkish airlines minor miles into parents account, its unaccompanied minor fees and much more. It provides assistance to your child while traveling alone from the point of departure till their arrival at the destination. Turkish Airlines provide services such as Unaccompanied service and Escort service. This article gives an idea about the Unaccompanied minor policy of Turkish Airlines.
In this post
Can my Child fly as an Unaccompanied Minor with Turkish Airlines?
A child flying without the presence of parents or legal guardian is unknown as Unaccompanied Minor. The Turkish Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Service is provided to children between the ages of 7 to 12 years old. Children between the age of 13 to 18 years old are also provided the service, but it is optional and is provided as per request by the parent or the legal guardian. It is essential to note that children under the age of 7 are not allowed to travel alone and must be accompanied by an adult.
To make bookings for your child as unaccompanied minors Turkish airline’s customer service needs to be reached or you can visit the official Turkish Airlines website (www.turkishairlines.com). It is essential to provide your child’s personal information such as their name, age, and contact details to the airline. It is very important to provide the contact information of the person who will pick up the child at their destination.
Rules for Turkish Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Travel
Knowing is what helps in planning for a stress free journey that can be enjoyed.Before you make bookings with Turkish Airlines for your child traveling alone it is essential to go through the rules.Below everything is listed that you need to know regarding the policy:
- As per Turkish airlines minor policy minors will be accepted for travel on direct flights only.
- The unaccompanied minors are accepted with the consent of their parents or legal guardian.
- It is recommended to book the Turkish airline unaccompanied minor service 48 hours before the flight departure to ensure an easy and comfortable travel experience.
- The parent/guardian needs to pay for the expenses of the authorized accompanying adult provided by the airline along with the minor ticket.
- It is advisable for minors to reach the airport at least 2 hours before your child’s flight departure.
- The unaccompanied minor comes under the same checked baggage allowance as adult passengers.
- Unaccompanied minors are required to complete boarding at the Turkish Airlines check-in counter at the airport.
- It is mandatory that children between ages 7 and below 12 travel as Turkish airlines minors.
- The Airlines give preference to unattended kids and cater to them as a priority in terms of boarding, baggage, security clearance and upon disembarkment.
- The kids traveling alone are taken care of by the flight attendant as special attention is given to them.
- The Turkish Airlines staff member discusses the procedures and necessary documentation that needs to be signed at check-in.
- For safety concerns Unaccompanied minors are allocated seats near to the senior cabin steward
- Unaccompanied minors on Anadolujet flights are charged an additional service to the passengers.
Escort/Travel Companion Service
Turkish airlines assign children between 2 years of age and below 7 years of age a travel companion/an experienced airline crew member to travel with them.The crew member stays with the child throughout the travel process till the child arrives at its destination and is handed over to the parent/guardian waiting at the destination.Listed below is what this service covers and what you need to keep in mind while requesting for it:
- It is recommended to request a Travel companion 48 hours before your flight departure.
- Assigned Staff member would accompany the child throughout the journey, catering to the needs and requests of the child.
- The in-flight companion is only assigned to the child once the Unaccompanied Minor Declaration Form is submitted.
- The parent/guardian needs to pay the travel cost of the companion.
- Assigned Staff member delivers the child to the assigned responsible guardian/parent at the destination airport.
What is the Unaccompanied Minor service fee charged?
It’s always better when you know in advance what fee the airline will charge. It helps in planning the trip for your minor and make sure it is all hassle free for your child. While making bookings with Turkish airlines you need to notify the airline by calling their customer care and providing the airline with the name and number of the person who will accompany the child to the airport or the person who will pick the child up upon arrival. Fee charged by the airline is one way per unaccompanied minor. Table given below mentions fee charged based on different flight while making bookings.
|North & South America||$200|
What Documents are required to travel as an unaccompanied minor?
It is essential to make sure you have a valid identity proof for your minor and provide the same to the airline. Here is what you need to know regarding the documentation needed for unaccompanied minor:
- Valid Identity proof is needed like Passport, Driver’s license, and Birth Certificate.
- It is essential to provide address proof of the destination to the airline.
- It is important to provide information like Name, Address, and Phone number of the legally responsible adult who will pick up the child at the destination airport.
- Make sure to fill and carry Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor forms.
- Health certificate is also important.
- Unaccompanied Child Transit Authorization Form is essential too. It is essential that a Notarized document is available with the guardian at the destination so that the airline can identify and only then handover the minor to the guardian.
Turkish Airlines gets how important is the safety of the child flying alone for the parents. So to provide parents/guardians a peace of mind the airline has a Turkish airlines unaccompanied minor policy in place. This policy answers all your questions such as how much is the minor service at Turkish airlines? What are Turkish airlines unaccompanied minor for international travel policy? What are Turkish airlines unaccompanied minor services and what happens when flight cancellation happens? So that you can plan your child’s trip with peace of mind. This article of Turkish airlines unaccompanied minors will give you a clear idea of the policy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Turkish Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
While requesting assistance service for your child you should specify the language the child speaks and the airline will take care of the same.
As an unaccompanied minor you need documents such as a Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor form, Passport, VISA of a child, name, address, and contact of the person who will pick up the child at arrival.
Turkish Airlines suggests that one guardian or parent accompany the child at the boarding gate and is required to stay at the airport till flight departure.
Children who are of age 7 to 12 travel as unaccompanied minors with Turkish airlines.