Planning to travel with your infant? And wondering what features and services are provided to you? Here in detail Tap Portugal Infant Policy is explained. All your queries like tap portugal infant baggage allowance, additional services, Infant Tap Portugal Cancellation fee, infant fee, inflight meals, inflight changing area are all covered. Tap Portugal cares about their flyers so they have outlined a policy for infant travelers. As infants are also little passengers on board so their comfort as well as their accompanied passengers comfort matters. Weather it during flight or at the airport every little step you take with the Tap Portugal Airline with your infant is taken care of by providing assistance and service.
In this post
Tap Portugal Infant Policy Rules
It is essential to have an idea about all the rules an airline has for infant travel with them as it eases traveling with them. For better planning and to make your journey smooth airline has policies in order. So Tap Portugal Policy rules are listed below as follows :
- Infants that are newborn and aged up to 7 days cannot be accepted for travel on any Tap Portugal flights unless it’s an emergency .
- As per tap portugal add lap infant policy an infant can be added to the reservation while the initial booking is made by the passenger. There can only be one infant per adult traveling with Tap Portugal.
- Infants that are aged between 8 days to 23 months and are traveling with Tap Portugal must be accompanied by a passenger aged 16 or over.
- For a second infant, an Additional Assistant must be requested, and the applicable service charge paid.
- Adults that are traveling with infants must sit at a window seat as there are 2 oxygen masks provided above these selected seats.
- If the infant turns two years of age by the return date of the trip, the passenger cannot travel as an infant and must occupy a seat priced at a child fare for the entire journey.
- Tap Air Portugal offers special infant fares for passengers up to 23 months, provided that they do not occupy a seat and are accompanied by an adult.
- An infant up to 2 years old (24 months) is usually charged 10% of an adult fare plus taxes, even if the infant will be on the lap of another passenger for the flight.
- If you want your baby to travel in a car seat, a regular passenger seat must be booked for the infant, and the applicable child fare paid.
Tap Portugal Infant Baggage Policy
Infants are also passengers so they get a baggage policy too. Here is what you can carry as per tap portugal infant baggage allowance for infants traveling on lap or a reserved seat.
- Infant On Lap: In cabin you can carry food for your infant meant for consumption during flight And in hold baggage you get to bring one bag up to 10 kg.
- Infant on a reserved seat: Carry and hold baggage limit is same as for an adult
You can also carry 1 fully foldable pram or 1 basket or 1 child’s seat, if you are traveling on the Discount fare.
Tap Portugal Seat Policy
For times when you need a different seat for your infant there are certain things to keep in mind like Infants are not allowed to occupy a seat unless seated in an infant car-type seat. The use of a car seat for an infant requires booking a separate seat. A car-type infant seat is accepted and placed on a regular cabin seat (front or rear facing), subject to the following conditions:
- For infants only up to 2 years of age.
- The car-type seat has to be approved for air transport by an official state department, like the European regulation R44/03, and it will contain the label “ECE R44/03”
- The base of the car-type infant seat may not exceed the dimensions of 15.7 x 15.7 in/40 x 40 cm.
- This seat must have shoulder belts for the infant safety
- The car seat must be placed in a window seat, next to the adult accompanying the child (but never in an emergency row or row immediately in front of or immediately behind the emergency row).
- It is required to notify Tap Air Portugal up to 24 hours before the flight of intent to use a car seat for an infant. For small children, a pre-notification is recommended in order to inform check-in staff that passengers will travel in a car seat.
- The accompanying adult is responsible for transport and placement of the car seat. The car seat will be transported as checked baggage if it cannot be safely adapted to the aircraft seat.
Amenities available for infants on Tap Portugal Flights
Tap Portugal cares for you and understands your struggle while traveling with an infant and tries to provide certain amenities to ease your travel on board with them. Such amenities are listed below:
Cradles/bassinets are available for free on TAP all aircraft except code-share flights.
TAP Portugal offers a child cradle for babies, If Baby weight should not exceed 24.2 Lb/11 kg and Child cradle dimensions are 27.5 in/70 cm in length and 12 in/30 cm in width. The number of seats available for child cradles varies according to the type of aircraft, and in the event there is availability this is immediately confirmed when a booking is made. The carrycot can never be used during take-off/landing or during periods of turbulence. Each adult can take only one infant.
Meals are provided by the Tap Portugal Airline for Infants but you have to make a request for it when booking your flight with them. You can also carry all the food you need for your infant during your flight except water that can be requested on board and heated as per your request.
Special Boarding is provided to passengers traveling with infants whenever your aircraft is parked at a boarding bridge, to give you more time to stow your baggage and take your seats.
Though traveling with an infant can be a handful, Tap Portugal tries to make it a bit easy for the accompanied passengers. Doesn’t matter if your infant traveling is a tap portugal business class infant or a tap portugal economy infant the services are same with its Tap Portugal Infant Policy, its tap portugal infant baggage allowance, amenities provided, a clear understanding is provided of what to expect while traveling with them with an infant. This makes it easier for passengers to plan accordingly so that they can make it a memorable journey for themselves and their infant. Be it their safety or comfort everything is thought out well and the trained support staff is always there to help and guide you during your journey.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Tap Portugal Infant Policy
No lap children or infant seats are allowed in an exit row. In fact, all passengers in an exit row must be at least 15 years of age. In addition, infant seats are not allowed in the row directly in front of or directly behind an exit.
As per Tap Portugal infant baggage allowance infants under 2 years of age that are not occupying a seat are allowed 1 piece of luggage up to 22 lb/10 kg.
In Tap Portugal infant on lap cost international flight is usually charged 10% of an adult fare plus taxes, even if the infant will be on the lap of another passenger for the flight .
Yes, a ticket will have to be purchased for any Tap Portugal flight on which the infant will be over 2 years old.
Yes, you can book an extra seat but only when using a child restraint or a car seat which has approval for use on an aircraft with a 5 point harness.
Yes as per the new regulations a passport is required for infant travel.