Planning to travel with an infant? And Wondering about questions like what spirit airlines infant policy are? How to add infant to spirit flight? What is the spirit airlines infant baggage policy? Will there be an infant meal on board? How do I book a lap child in spirit? Does spirit airlines charge for infants? Does spirit charge for lap infants? How to add a lap child on spirit airlines? What is spirit airlines lap infant policy? What happens Flight cancellation happens and do I get my money back? Then you are at the right place. This article answers all your queries as spirit airline is a cost friendly airline and it strives to give its passengers a comfortable journey on board. It has an Spirit infant policy outlining your queries and answering everything in simple words in this article it’s explained below.
In this post
Spirit Airlines Infant Policy Rules
Spirit has a very clear and centric Infant policy and it entitles all the required information needed by a passenger. So you can make informed decisions on the basis of the information provided by the airline. When it comes to deciding whether you fly with Spirit Airlines with your Infant or not these points mentioned below will help in making a sound decision. Spirit Airlines Policy rules are listed below as follows :
- New born infants and infants less than 8 days old are not welcomed on board Spirit Airlines.
- It is mandatory for passengers above 15 years old to accompany infants traveling with Spirit Airlines.
- Spirit Airlines add lap infant policy allows an infant to be added to the booking at the time reservations are being made.
- Only one infant per adult is allowed on board with Spirit Airlines.
- Infants can travel as lap infants or can travel in a separate seat for a fee.
- If your infant is turning 2 years old during their journey with Spirit flight, a ticket will need to be purchased by the passenger for their infant.
Spirit Airline Infants Baggage policy
Isn’t it convenient to know in advance what you can bring on board along your infants after all Infants are travelers too so the airline has a baggage policy for them too.Here are the spirit airlines baggage policy for infants listed below that will make spirit flying with infant smoother:
- In spirit airlines infant in lap get no cabin baggage allowance and also infants of age 8 days to 23 months who are in an extra comfortable seat.
- But accompanying passengers are allowed to carry in addition to their cabin bag a bag up to 5 kg (45 x 35 x 20 cm).
- You are also allowed to carry 2 items of baby equipment free of charge per child. They are 1 pushchair plus one of the following items such as a car seat or booster seat or travel cot.
- Once you arrive at the airport, tag the 2 free items of baby equipment for travel at a Bag Drop desk, which closes 40 minutes before the flight departure time.
- If there are other items of baby equipment in addition to the 2 free items, you can check-in them upon payment of an Infant/Child Equipment fee(maximum weight can be 20 kg).
- Infant formula, breast milk, juice, and baby food are permitted in carry-on baggage in acceptable quantities and if in compact containers.
Spirit Airline Infant Seat Policy
As per spirit airlines lap child policy passengers can carry their infants as spirit lap infant and for times when they wish they can purchase a separate seat for their infants when purchasing a separate seat it is important to get a car seat for your infant to be seated comfortably. FAA approved car seats are accepted on board but some spirit Flights might be small for these seats. Also Car seats may not be accommodated in any seat equipped with an inflatable seat belt and Additionally, car seats may not be secured in an exit seat or the row before or after the exit seats. Seat dimension are as follows on board with respect to different flights:
Airbus 319 has Big Front Seats that have widest seat width – 22” and narrowest seat width – 22” and Deluxe Leather Seats that have widest seat width – 17” and narrowest seat width – 15 ½”.
Airbus 320 & 32A has Big Front Seats that have widest seat width – 22.8”and narrowest seat width – 22.8” and Deluxe Leather Seats that have widest seat width – 16” and narrowest seat width – 15 ½”.
Airbus 321 & 32B has Big Front Seats that have widest seat width – 22” and narrowest seat width – 22” and Deluxe Leather Seats that have widest seat width – 17” and narrowest seat width – 15 ½”.
Airbus A321 NEO (32Q) has Big Front Seats that have widest seat width – 20.9” and narrowest seat width – 20.9” and Deluxe Leather Seats that have widest seat width – 18.5” and narrowest seat width – 16.5”.
Car seats that exceed these dimensions may not fit or be safely accommodated on board and Rear-facing child restraint systems may not be accommodated if the height exceeds 25”.
This article is centric to all the information a passenger might need while making air travel plans with their infant when traveling with Spirit Airlines. It care and understands how important it is to make the journey with your infant a safe and relaxing one. Whether it’s about the fee charged for infant travel or about the services or amenities provided by the spirit airline everything is covered here. So you can make your future infant travel plans with the airline with an ease of mind without worrying about the flight cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Spirit Airlines Infant Policy
Yes there is a charge depending upon whether the infant is traveling as Spirit airline lap child or on a separate seat.
Yes, you can book an extra seat but only when using a child restraint or a car seat which has approval for use on an aircraft with a 5 point harness.
In spirit travel with infant is possible if you have the infant passport with you as per spirit airlines infant id requirements.
No lap children or infant seats are allowed in an exit row. In fact, all passengers in an exit row must be at least 15 years of age. In addition, infant seats are not allowed in the row directly in front of or directly behind an exit.
Yes, a ticket will have to be purchased for any Spirit Airlines flight on which the infant will be over 2 years old.
Yes flying with spirit lap child fee is free of charge but for international flights there might be a fee based on the distance.
It is simple when making your bookings, you can select Infant in the drop-down menu when choosing passenger type.