The Hawaiian Airlines Infant Policy refers to the rules, guidelines, and procedures established by Hawaiian Airlines that govern the travel of infants (children under two years old) and their accompanying parents or guardians on the airline’s flights. As parents or guardians, ensuring the comfort and safety of your little one while flying is a top priority.
Hawaiian Airlines, renowned for its commitment to customer satisfaction and safety, has established a comprehensive Infant Policy to make your journey with a baby as smooth as possible. In the guide below, we will explore the ins and outs of Hawaiian Airlines Infant Policy, providing valuable information and tips for a stress-free travel experience with your infant.
In this post
Insights About the Hawaiian Airlines Infant Policy
The Hawaiian Airlines Infant Policy includes various aspects as described below:
Hawaiian Airlines defines infants as children under the age of two years old. Children aged two and older must have their seats and tickets.
Below are the ticket options:
- Lap Infant: Parents or guardians can have their infant sit on their lap during the flight without purchasing a separate ticket. There may be limitations on Hawaiian Airlines infant baggage allowance and seat selection.
- Purchased Seat for Infant: Alternatively, parents can purchase a seat for their infant at a reduced fare. This Hawaiian airlines traveling with infant option provides more comfort and safety for the child and allows the use of an FAA-approved car seat.
Infant Fares and Charges
Let’s check the fares and charges:
- Hawaiian Airlines infant on Lap Fares: Lap infants typically do not have to pay a fare, but taxes and fees may apply.
- Purchased Infant Seat Fares: Infants occupying a purchased seat are eligible for reduced fares. The specific fare amounts may vary based on destination and fare class factors.
Infant Seating and Safety
Let’s check the seating and safety for Hawaiian airline adding infant to flight:
- Seating Arrangements: Hawaiian Airlines provides an infant seatbelt extension for added safety during takeoff, landing, and turbulence for lap infants. Lap infants must remain on the parent or guardian’s lap during the flight.
- Purchased Seats for Infants: Parents who purchase a seat for their infant can use an FAA-approved car seat during the flight for added safety.
Baggage Allowance for Infants
Lets check the baggage allowance for infants:
- Carry-On Baggage: Parents traveling with infants can bring a diaper bag and a collapsible stroller as part of their carry-on baggage allowance. These items can be stored in overhead bins or under the seat in front of you.
- Checked Baggage: Generally, lap infants do not have their checked baggage allowance, but exceptions may apply depending on fare class and destination. Infants with purchased seats have their baggage allowance, which includes carry-on and checked baggage.
In-Flight Amenities for Infants
Below are the flight amenities for infants:
- Changing Facilities: Most Hawaiian Airlines aircraft first class infants are equipped with changing tables in the restrooms for the convenience of parents.
- Feeding and Baby Supplies: Hawaiian Airlines provides hot water for formula preparation and warming bottles during the flight. Flight attendants are available to assist with such requests.
- Baby Meals: While specific baby meals may not be provided, child-friendly meal options are typically available and can be requested during booking or by contacting the airline in advance.
How to Add an Infant Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian Airline adding infant to flight involves a few straightforward steps. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you through the process:
- Step 1: Visit the Hawaiian Airlines Website : Go to the official Hawaiian Airlines website (www.hawaiianairlines.com) using your preferred web browser.
- Step 2: Log In or Create an Account : If you already have an account with Hawaiian Airlines, log in using your credentials. If you still need to, you’ll need to create an account. Ensure that you have all necessary personal information and contact details on hand.
- Step 3: Start a Flight Search : Begin your flight search by entering your departure and arrival airports, travel dates, and the number of passengers, including the infant.
- Step 4: Select Your Flight : After your search results appear, browse the available flights and select the one that suits your travel plans.
- Step 5: Indicate Traveling with an Infant : You can indicate that you’re traveling with an infant during the booking process. Look for a checkbox or field that allows you to specify the number of infants traveling with you. Ensure you select the correct number of infants if you have more than one.
- Step 6: Choose Seat Preferences : Depending on whether you plan to have your infant on your lap or in a purchased seat, select your preferred seating arrangement:
- Lap Infant: If you intend to have your infant on your lap, proceed with selecting your seat preferences. Hawaiian Airlines will provide an infant seatbelt extension for safety during takeoff, landing, and turbulence.
- Purchased Seat for Infant: If you want to purchase a seat for your infant (recommended for added comfort and safety), select this option during the booking process. You may also need to specify if you intend to use an FAA-approved car seat during the flight.
- Step 7: Complete the Booking : Follow the prompts to complete your booking, providing all necessary passenger details, contact information, and payment details. Ensure you review your booking and cancellation carefully to make sure all information is accurate.
- Step 8: Confirm and Pay : After reviewing your booking details and confirming everything is correct, proceed to the payment section. Enter your payment information and complete the payment process to secure your reservation.
- Step 9: Receive Confirmation : Once your booking is confirmed and payment is processed, you should receive a confirmation email from Hawaiian Airlines traveling with infant. This email will include your booking details, e-ticket, and information regarding your infant’s reservation if applicable.
Benefits of Hawaiian Airlines Infant Policy
Hawaiian Airlines Infant Policy offers several benefits for passengers traveling with infants under two. These benefits are designed to make the travel experience more convenient and comfortable for both the parents or guardians and the infant. Here are some of the key benefits:
Flexible Ticketing Options
Hawaiian Airlines provides flexibility by offering two ticketing options for infants. Parents can choose to have their infant on their lap without purchasing a separate seat (lap infant) or buy a seat for the infant at a reduced fare. This allows families to select the best option for their needs and budget.
Hawaiian Airlines offers reduced fares for families who opt to purchase a seat for their infant, making air travel more affordable for parents traveling with young children.
The policy emphasizes safety by providing infant seatbelt extensions for Hawaiian Airlines lap infants during critical phases of the flight, such as takeoff, landing, and turbulence. Additionally, allowing parents to use FAA-approved car seats for infants in purchased seats enhances safety during the flight.
Parents who purchase a seat for their infant can ensure their child has their own dedicated space, providing comfort for both the parent and the infant. This also allows the child to remain secured in their car seat, which can be especially important during extended flights.
Hawaiian Airlines allows parents traveling with infants to bring essential items like a diaper bag and collapsible stroller as part of their carry-on baggage allowance. This helps parents carry necessary items for their child without additional charges.
The airline strives to make the journey more comfortable for parents and infants by changing restroom tables and assisting with bottle warming and formula preparation. This helps parents meet their infant’s needs during the flight.
Parents can indicate they are traveling with an infant during the booking process, allowing them to choose their preferred seating arrangement. This makes it easy for families to plan and book their flights with the infant’s needs in mind.
Hawaiian Airlines offers an online booking platform, making it convenient for parents to add an infant to their reservation, select seats, and complete the booking process without the need to visit a physical ticket counter.
Communication with Customer Service
Parents can contact the customer service for assistance with any specific requests or questions related to Hawaiian Airlines traveling with an infant, ensuring a smoother travel experience.
What are Some Booking and Travel Tips for Hawaiian Airlines Infants on a Lap?
Traveling with an infant on your lap can be a rewarding experience, but it also requires careful planning and preparation to ensure a smooth journey. Here are some booking and travel tips for Hawaiian Airlines flying with infant:
Book your Hawaiian Airlines flight well to secure the best seats for you and your lap infant.
- Consider off-peak travel times for a more relaxed airport experience.
- Notify the airline during booking that you’ll be traveling with a lap infant.
- Check for available seats that offer extra space or convenience for parents.
Arrive early at the airport to allow extra time for check-in and security with your lap infant.
- Pack a well-stocked diaper bag with essential baby items for the flight.
- Dress both you and your infant in comfortable, layered clothing.
- Use a baby carrier or sling to keep your hands free during airport procedures.
- Be patient, flexible, and prepared for changes in your infant’s mood during the flight.
- Communicate with cabin crew for assistance if needed during the journey.
- Relax and enjoy the trip, creating special memories with your little one.
Overview of Hawaiian Airline’s Infant Baggage Policy
Hawaiian Airlines Infant Baggage Policy outlines the rules and allowances for baggage when traveling with an infant on their flights. Here’s an overview of the critical aspects of this policy:
Parents traveling with an infant on Hawaiian Airlines are typically allowed to bring the following items as part of their carry-on baggage allowance:
- A diaper bag may contain essential baby items like diapers, wipes, bottles, formula, food, and clothing.
- A collapsible stroller: Parents can bring a collapsible stroller, which can be stored in the overhead bins or under the seat in front of them during the flight.
Infants traveling on Hawaiian Airlines infant ticket (without a purchased seat) generally do not have their own checked baggage allowance. However, some exceptions may apply, depending on the specific fare class and destination. It’s advisable to check with Hawaiian Airlines for the most accurate information regarding checked baggage policies for lap infants.
Purchased Seat Infants
For infants who have a purchased seat, they are typically entitled to their baggage allowance, which may include:
- A carry-on bag: This can be a standard carry-on bag that adheres to the airline’s carry-on size and weight limits.
- Checked baggage: The specific Hawaiian Airlines baggage allowance infant depends on the fare class and destination. It’s essential to review Hawaiian Airlines baggage policies for infants traveling in their seats.
In addition to the diaper bag and collapsible stroller, parents can bring other necessary items like baby blankets, baby carriers, and approved car seats, which can be used during the flight to ensure the infant’s safety and comfort.
Stroller and Car Seat Policies
Parents can typically check their stroller and car seat at the gate or with their checked baggage. Hawaiian Airlines often allows these items to be checked for free. Be sure to check with the airline for any specific requirements or fees related to stroller and car seat transportation.
Weight and Size Limits
Hawaiian Airlines has specific weight and size limits for carry-on and checked baggage. Parents should ensure that their infant’s baggage items, including the diaper bag and stroller, comply with these limits to avoid additional charges or issues during travel.
Infant Seating and Safety
Hawaiian Airlines provides infant seatbelt extensions for lap infants to enhance safety during takeoff, landing, and turbulence. Parents who have purchased a seat for their infant can use an FAA-approved car seat for added protection.
Navigating Hawaiian Airlines Infant Policy is essential for a smooth and enjoyable journey with your little one. Whether you choose the Hawaiian Airlines add lap infant option or purchase a seat for your child, understanding the policies and guidelines outlined by the airline will ensure a safer and more comfortable travel experience. By following the provided tips and being well-prepared, you can confidently embark on your Hawaiian Airlines adventure, knowing that your infant’s needs are met and their safety is a top priority.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) of Hawaiian Airlines Infant Policy
The Hawaiian Airlines infant bassinet, often called a “SkyCot,” is a unique amenity the airline provides for passengers traveling with infants. It is a small, collapsible bed-like structure designed to cradle and secure an infant during the flight. The bassinet attaches to a bulkhead wall in the aircraft’s cabin and allows parents to place their baby in a comfortable sleeping position while keeping them safely restrained. Hawaiian Airlines offers these bassinets on a limited basis and typically provides them on a first-come, first-served basis or by prior request, depending on availability. It allows parents to ensure their infant’s comfort during the flight, especially on long-haul journeys.
Yes, infants under two years old can generally fly for free on Hawaiian Airlines when traveling on their parent or guardian’s lap. While there is no fare for Hawaiian Airlines infant in lap, taxes and fees may apply. However, if parents prefer a dedicated seat for their infant, they can purchase a seat at a reduced Hawaiian Airlines infant fare. This choice provides added comfort and safety for the child and allows the use of an FAA-approved car seat.
To add an infant during web check-in with Hawaiian Airlines, login, select seats, and use the designated option to indicate your infant’s presence in your reservation.
Hawaiian Airlines generally allows infants to travel in their First Class cabins. However, specific policies and amenities may vary depending on the route and aircraft type. Parents or guardians traveling with infants in First Class may enjoy certain advantages, such as more spacious seating and enhanced services.